History Channel "Lost Gold of WWII"

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, DavidK said:

Don't worry, starting next week it's the search for "Lost Confederate Gold". I'd never realised people were so careless with their gold until I started watching History/Discovery channels. Of course for all their faults and hype the "Lost Gold/Treasure" programmes still aren't a patch on "Ancient Aliens". However in a bid to up the ante the History channel is now combining the two - one of the guys from "The Curse of Oak Island" is now joining the search for "Ancient Aliens". The hyperbole will be unmatched in all of recorded history*.

* See what I did there?

Are you saying that they are all wild goose chases? Maybe some of it could be true <sarc>:chickendance:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Are you saying that they are all wild goose chases? Maybe some of it could be true

Nobody is chasing any geese... That only happens in Canada, AK....:hystery:

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/14/2019 at 6:46 AM, Mike J said:

Is anyone else following this series on the History Channel.  A group of treasure hunters looking for the  "legendary" treasure that Japanese General Yamashita is supposed to have buried in Luzon during WWII.  I have watched several of the episodes and find them entertaining.  It is amazing to watch logic fly out the window, and see supposition can turn into fact.   

Examples:

Lolo, who was a boy at the the time, says; "I saw many crates being carried up the mountain."

Treasure hunters; "Grandpa says he saw them carrying treasure up the the mountain." :89:

Lolo says: "I heard a big explosion then the men not come anymore"

Hunters: "After burying the treasure in tunnels Yamashita set off explosions sealing the tunnels and burying ALL the workers inside." :mocking:

So if you like to watch people say and do dumb things based on greed, check it out!  Goes best with a bag of chips and one or two cold ones. :smile:

Some local tried to sell me a permit to search for treasure on a certain piece of land yeh right.

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Some local tried to sell me a permit to search for treasure on a certain piece of land yeh right.

There's a bridge in Brooklyn NY that I will gladly sell you, Son...:hystery:

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

He can't afford it now, he bought the Sydney  Harbour Bridge from JGF a couple of years ago:whistling: 

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

How much?:unsure:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

How much?:unsure:

How much you got?:huh:

• Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

On my farm above davao , there are about 7 holes that have been dug ,two holes are very deep with the others varying in depth intill they hit an immovable boulder , the geology of the ground is the rocks that have volcanic origins , to dig the two deep holes must have taken some serious graft there was a tripod above one with a bucket and wheel set up to remove the spoil

My gf was sending me pictures of "secret signs" that pointed to the treasure , i politely declined the offer to finance further digging , the two deep holes have now been utilised as a soak away for the farms dirty water 

The Agricultural people instructed me to have all of the holes covered and made safe

I have no idea who dig those holes but it would have been soul destroying work

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I have no idea who dig those holes but it would have been soul destroying work

Baston... Maybe you should contact the Hysteria Channel and see if they will finance further digs for you?:hystery:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

How much you got?:huh:

Not much, but I can make monthly payments if that's ok!:santa_smiley:

• Love it 2