Building a Home in Davao

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

:hystery: Oh man can I relate.  When our landlord was having problems with the pressure tank and well, I had to draw him a sketch of how the system should be.  When they ran a new electric line for it, it just drapes along the wall partially in front of one of our windows.  I'm like WTF.  Oh well, not my house...

Now you have a place to hand laundry. :hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Now you have a place to hand laundry. :hystery:

And hopefully the woman will do that!!! I will not...I never did before and I will not start now. So...dirty shorts...well,, then dirty shorts!!!

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Haha, the one chore I absolutely won't do is dishes.  Give me laundry to wash, bathroom to clean, etc, but not dishes.  Fortunately mine is a neat freak, and makes me leave the room when she gets in a cleaning mood.  Does yours wash clothes in the shower naked?  I guess this should be in a different thread haha.

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Does yours wash clothes in the shower naked?  I guess this should be in a different thread haha.

Maybe I would wash clothes too if L did that. I just cook and do most of the dishes... The machine (and L) do the clothes...

Up to you, Marvin... go ahead and start a naked shower cleaning topic?:dance: 

You might be surprised where it goes...

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

And hopefully the woman will do that!!! I will not...I never did before and I will not start now. So...dirty shorts...well,, then dirty shorts!!!

Before Emma came along I did everything in my house from repairs to washing and ironing all my cloths , yes it was clean but not a women’s clean I must add, but I will still keep my hand in helping in the house work, because you never know what’s around the corner.

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, stevewool said:

, because you never know what’s around the corner.

Or Round the bend  :hystery:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I still do the repairs, but L does not always believe that I can do them - in spite of over 20 years maintaining the electricity, plumbing, and diesel engine of the yacht... But she - like it seems is endemic with Filipinas? - is very much into clean clean clean... I have to tell her to not scrub the plastic drinking "glasses" I brought off the yacht or they will scratch. She hears me and listens, but frowns when obeying about that...:smile:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I still do the repairs, but L does not always believe that I can do them - in spite of over 20 years maintaining the electricity, plumbing, and diesel engine of the yacht... But she - like it seems is endemic with Filipinas? - is very much into clean clean clean... I have to tell her to not scrub the plastic drinking "glasses" I brought off the yacht or they will scratch. She hears me and listens, but frowns when obeying about that...:smile:

Do you know anything about AC power sockets? My panel fuse box tripped, the wall sockets not working. So a local doing some repairs on the roof said I do electric:smile: I can fix that easy. He explained that the fuse is wobbly and needs to be replaced, so I gave him some cash to buy another. 4 hours later he turns up and replaces the fuse. Checked to see if the sockets were working and nope not working. So he checked it with his tester screwdriver and that lit up. So how can this be? 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Do you know anything about AC power sockets? My panel fuse box tripped, the wall sockets not working. So a local doing some repairs on the roof said I do electric:smile: I can fix that easy. He explained that the fuse is wobbly and needs to be replaced, so I gave him some cash to buy another. 4 hours later he turns up and replaces the fuse. Checked to see if the sockets were working and nope not working. So he checked it with his tester screwdriver and that lit up. So how can this be? 

Hi Jim... I am not really sure exactly what your problem is there... Wall sockets - do you mean where you plug in lights or other things?

And you have a fuse box? Not circuit breakers? If so, then your system is very old, outdated and possibly dangerous.

I certainly would never trust a guy who is doing roof repairs and says he can do electricity repairs too. I suggest you seek and find a truly qualified electrician to troubleshoot your situation. It is impossible for me to help you from here. Sure, I could probably figure out what the problem is and either fix it myself or direct someone else about what to do... but from here? Just cannot do that... By the way... when he told you the fuse was "wobbly?" that is an indication that the entire fuse fixture in the box could be  worn, corroded or rotted - definitely a bad situation requiring an urgent repair. A poor connection can cause a fire through overheat.

The system needs to be checked with a proper voltmeter - check volts at the entrance to the "fuse" box, then on each side of the fuses or circuit breakers. There could be water damage - rot - of any or all of your wiring or in that box. In any case, it should be looked at by a professional otherwise you could be risking a fire.

The roofer guy with the tester screwdriver (whatever that may be) could just be sensing some power through the outlet, but not enough to actually power anything. That could mean poor wiring  or other problems with your system. (I had that happen on the yacht a few times in the 12 volt wiring. It was a hassle to find  and isolate the problem, but eventually I did.) It could also mean that you could get a shock if you or anyone touches anything that's plugged in...

Please be careful and call a professional. That's my advice...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Hi Jim... I am not really sure exactly what your problem is there... Wall sockets - do you mean where you plug in lights or other things?

And you have a fuse box? Not circuit breakers? If so, then your system is very old, outdated and possibly dangerous.

Yes circuit breakers, thinking of British terminology, wall sockets,  Outlets were you plug appliances in. It's fairly new about 4 years old. Good advice about not letting a roofer to get involved. Wife's fault she always rushing to get things done and not thinking. 

• Thanks 1