Building a Home in Davao

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Here are some more photos of the house construction from the second floor that I forgot to include yesterday.

IMG-20191103-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20191103-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20191103-WA0008.jpg

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/23/2019 at 10:37 AM, hk blues said:

In our place in Hong Kong we had a pocket door in the bathroom - but split so one slid to the left and the other to the right due to space restrictions. However, you did have to slide with care as they tended to slip off the runners due to their reduced size.

I never liked pockets doors.  It seems that all I have dealt with in the various places over the years end up with issues.  Hardware breaks, scraping, falling off the track, etc.  Of course, sometimes you have no choice!

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I never liked pockets doors.  It seems that all I have dealt with in the various places over the years end up with issues.  Hardware breaks, scraping, falling off the track, etc.  Of course, sometimes you have no choice!

Agreed. 

About the only good thing is the entertainment they provide when somebody tries to push open like a traditional door!  

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Question Tommy.  What is the spacing on your columns and how thick is the ceiling slab, and the width/depth of the concrete beams (red arrows) on the edges?  The reason I ask is that we are thinking of replacing the roof of our lanai with a roofed viewing deck.  

Slab.jpg

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Question Tommy.  What is the spacing on your columns and how thick is the ceiling slab, and the width/depth of the concrete beams (red arrows) on the edges?  The reason I ask is that we are thinking of replacing the roof of our lanai with a roofed viewing deck.  

Hi Mike...

I will have to get back to you on that. I will need to review the blueprint to check spacing and specs. Just looking at it, I would guess the ceiling slab is maybe 6 inches? But guessing won't help you...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

The beam spacing varies from about 2.5 meters up to 7 meters apart depending on the configuration. So I attached a photo of the blueprint for you to check...

I could not find a specification for the slab on the prints. But looking at the second floor slab, it is between four and six inches thick, and I think six is correct from looking at it... I am sure there is a "standard" thickness here... sorry I cannot give you more info about that.

20191105_064029_resized.jpg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/28/2019 at 9:03 PM, hk blues said:

I always use it for my projects - it's great for filling in the tiniest of cracks and sands to a smooth finish - sometimes too smooth as it is a different texture to the original covering but hey ho.  Another problem is it is so fine it's easy to completely sand out so you end up having to redo.  

How about larger cracks?  This house is for sale in Angeles!

73349266_2413584788690620_8459374337890189312_n.jpg

• Sad 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm sure just like back home some local will get a couple buckets of cement and paint and later sell for a big profit!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Ugh!!!

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, intrepid said:

I'm sure just like back home some local will get a couple buckets of cement and paint and later sell for a big profit!

I bet the owner is looking for the full market value.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4