Sick while on Vacation in the Philipines

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

If it is a decent make and there are many out there, They usually have a dual voltage switch at the Bottom of the Shaver ( well my Phillips does and my Previous Braun had too) :smile:

My new Panasonic shaver is dual voltage    :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

, just let it lie and except that shaving over there can lead to getting staphylococcus. Many thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

If your gf/partner does not believe, mention that you read it on the Internet so it must be true.  Then say that "moms" site said:

Any skin cut or abrasion, including nicks from shaving, can become infected with MRSA. Here's a photo of a shaven chin beginning to become infected with MRSA. At this early stage, MRSA can be mistaken for razor burn or fever blisters. This is one reason athletes are encouraged not to share razors.

Then show her the link so she can see the dangers of shaving

https://www.momsteam.com/mrsa/mrsa-skin-infections-frequently-asked-questions

And tell her Moms team is always right, end of story, no need to shave.

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

Thank you boy's, In the past I had this shaving bit all rapped up until someone spilt the beans saying shaving wont worry your passport photo.  :whistling:Since then life's been a constant nag about shaving before we head back over at the end of October.  Now I've got a new defense, staphylococcus or possible getting it through varies means. In the past I've tried electric shavers and not much joy, they either bog down or pull the whiskers out, the blade ones, I get about three parts of a shave before it starts taking the bark of my face. So, what I'm asking of all off you, don't come up with solutions, just let it lie and except that shaving over there can lead to getting staphylococcus. Many thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Just grow a beard.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jimeve said:

Just grow a beard.

And look like a rapist?:shock_40_anim_gif: (According to my wife.)

• Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

It's a question of Pirates VS Ninjas...

If you favour the pirates then you should have a pirate worthy beard :thumbsup:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/15/2019 at 12:13 PM, Ice Patrol said:

I became quite ill after having dinner at a fast food type restaurant in Iloilo City.Although I did not have diarrhea the vomiting was really bad .My friends went to the pharmacy to get something that might help but they recommended that I go to the ER.It was nearby so we went to the Iloilo Mission Hospital.I got checked in and a doctor attended to me within a few minutes.They put me a room and gave me fluids intravenously and anti nausa medicine.Even after a couple of hours there I could not hold down a sip of water.After about 24 hrs I felt better and could eat some fruits but still really weak.I eventually recovered and the doctor released me after 2.5 days.I can't say enough good things about the staff attending to me and my Doctor.They were just great.And the cost including the doctor? $650.00 Usd.They could not file this on my Medicare ins.so I paid with my credit card.Here locally in the US It cost $1250.00 just to enter the ER.And the total cost at $4000.00 minimum.They made sure to give me all the paperwork and receipts so I could file a claim with my secondary health ins co.I was able to make my scheduled flight home 2 days after I was released from the Hospital.I really Enjoyed my 3 week vacation in the Philipines and I will return next year.....     :cheersty:

I got ill eating in a fast local food place, what they did was sell the food that was left over from a function they did the food at the day or maybe two days before. There is no excuse for this as they had already made the money on that food. Of course there is no comeback you just have to take it on the chin. I never ate there again even though they would call me when walking past, I replied no thanks I don`t want the chits but that went right over their heads. 

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1