20 Dead as truck drives off cliff

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
On 9/18/2019 at 6:45 PM, GeoffH said:

The best of the ones I've seen for sale here are the bottom of the market brands in shops in Australia.

Hmmm.  I have been able to find Shoei helmets here and then there is always Lazada if you already know the size you need.  

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

Hmmm.  I have been able to find Shoei helmets here and then there is always Lazada if you already know the size you need.  

I haven't seen Shoei helmets in the Honda or Yamaha dealers here but maybe they sell them in the big dealers in the center of the city where they also sell big bikes.

My experience with Lazarda has been a bit but and miss to be honest...

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've got a crazy idea. Not exactly related to this case. Why don't the people who hold the funeral processions just tell everybody to meet at the gate of the cemetery, where they can put the balloons on their cars and SLOWLY walk the deceased person to the burial site, instead of causing traffic jams for thousands of people who could care less? :bonk:

Up in the hills they only have caribous mate. Not a car to be seen. 

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I haven't seen Shoei helmets in the Honda or Yamaha dealers here but maybe they sell them in the big dealers in the center of the city where they also sell big bikes.

My experience with Lazarda has been a bit but and miss to be honest...

Get out of the dealerships and check the cycle shops, you may be surprised on what you find.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 9/18/2019 at 8:00 AM, Tommy T. said:

Very sad to read these stories. I am also a bit surprised there aren't more deadly collisions considering driving habits here. L and I cringe whenever we see an open back truck packed with people in the back - some of them standing and others sitting on the side or back...

A high school friend of mine died when he was thrown from the back of a pickup on a country road in rural NJ. I shudder when I see what you describe.

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
KevinG
Posted
Posted

I've been searching unsuccessfully for a helmet that fits me for the better part of 2 months here in Cebu.  I've got a large head for Philippine standards, XL or 2XL, not exactly sure.  None of the shops here carry anything larger than L, so it's impossible to know.  I bought a 2XL off Lazada, and it doesn't fit either.  Its too wide, but not long enough.  I think the length is shortened to accommodate the pull down sun visor that is installed within the helmet itself.  Anybody have any good ideas on how I can connect with a properly sized helmet here?  I've tried everything I know of.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, KevinG said:

I've been searching unsuccessfully for a helmet that fits me for the better part of 2 months here in Cebu.  I've got a large head for Philippine standards, XL or 2XL, not exactly sure.  None of the shops here carry anything larger than L, so it's impossible to know.  I bought a 2XL off Lazada, and it doesn't fit either.  Its too wide, but not long enough.  I think the length is shortened to accommodate the pull down sun visor that is installed within the helmet itself.  Anybody have any good ideas on how I can connect with a properly sized helmet here?  I've tried everything I know of.

I feel your pain. Helmets fit me here but it's hard to find size 12 flip flops.:tongue:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, KevinG said:

I've been searching unsuccessfully for a helmet that fits me for the better part of 2 months here in Cebu.  I've got a large head for Philippine standards, XL or 2XL, not exactly sure.  None of the shops here carry anything larger than L, so it's impossible to know. 

I have the same problem, I need a 2XL helmet and most shops carry only a few XL and almost no XXL size, I ended up buying an open face in 2XL because none of the full face helmets fitted me comfortably.  The length of the helmet isn't as much of an issue with an open face.  Some people don't like them because they think they don't offer as much protection (they're right, they don't) but they do offer better side vision and they're a bit cooler and I'm mostly riding at slower speeds so my two open face helmets work for me.

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, KevinG said:

No Moto shop near you?  My local Robinson's mall has a Moto shop and I found an EVO modular helmet there in XL which fits me.