The Western Essentials

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Agree, every barber shop has those.  But I am wondering if when the OP says single style, he means what we in the USA call a single edge.  Only one edge, and very useful for scraping labels, cleaning paint off glass, etc, and less danger of cutting your fingers when using them.  Also the metal of the blade is thicker and stronger than the double edge blades so it does not flex.

image.jpeg

If that is what he means then they had them here in Dumaguete at the Lee plaza Hypermart complete with a handle which allowed several different applications for using the blade.

I think I paid about 45 pesos for 3 blades and the handle.

• Like 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

Agree, every barber shop has those.  But I am wondering if when the OP says single style, he means what we in the USA call a single edge.  Only one edge, and very useful for scraping labels, cleaning paint off glass, etc, and less danger of cutting your fingers when using them.  Also the metal of the blade is thicker and stronger than the double edge blades so it does not flex.

image.jpeg

You got it, I'm referring to these.  They are useful in oh so many ways.  

• Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

You got it, I'm referring to these.  They are useful in oh so many ways.  

Lazada and they come with a plastic handle. Plastic Retractable Razor Blade Scraper Professional Window Tint or this Tool Nest 30pcs Ceramic Glass Oven Window Tinting Razor Scraper 

Edited by jimeve
  • Hmm thinking 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Corona? I can't imagine wanting Corona when San Miguel is available. IMHO San Miguel is the equal of Corona and Heineken.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Corona? I can't imagine wanting Corona when San Miguel is available. IMHO San Miguel is the equal of Corona and Heineken.

I'd take San Mig all day long before a Corona but I would prefer a Heineken to either.  That said, it's twice the price here - I don't like it that much to reduce my consumption by half!  

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Most of it is available but very expensive, kind of defeats the point of living in a 3rd world country lol. e.g Tesco mayonnaise 150 pesos in SM here, about 40 pesos in the UK.
Not sure if 'Lady's choice' was a serious suggestion but that stuff is vile, I used to find the Tesco mayonnaise vile in the UK but it's 10x nicer than Lady's choice lol.

• Like 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

The San Mig is pretty yummy.  When I'm at the in-laws its usually Gold Eagle.  Around the house, San Mig Pilsen.  Never was a big Heineken fan.  But I do enjoy Corona when we happen by S&R. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

The San Mig is pretty yummy.  When I'm at the in-laws its usually Gold Eagle.  Around the house, San Mig Pilsen.  Never was a big Heineken fan.  But I do enjoy Corona when we happen by S&R. 

I like SM Pilsen too. Never tried Gold Eagle will give it a try next visit. :tiphat:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I thought Corona in Mexico was like Fosters in Australia? Locals didn't drink it - they preferred others.

I think San Miguel is a superior beer with several different versions - try the Super Dry. And it is not expensive either...

I like Heineken, but it's not worth the price difference to me - San Mig is fine!

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I thought Corona in Mexico was like Fosters in Australia? Locals didn't drink it - they preferred others.

Fosters isn’t really sold in Australia because sales were so bad, despite I being the internationally known ‘Aussie beer’.  Honestly... it’s pretty bad.

San Miguel Pilsen works fine for me.

• Like 1