Any former Air Force here?

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Back in another life, I was a Phantom Phixer.  Never did TDY to Clark, but from what I heard there were a lot of fun times back in the day.  It was amazing as a young lad getting to work on fighters that had real MIG kills still painted on the cockpit.  The oldsters at the time would talk a lot about Kadena, Clark, Pusan, and the like.  

272.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

NONE HERE THAT WILL ADMIT IT!!!!! :hystery:

Sorry that straight line was just tooooooooooo good to pass up 

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Fastest ever jet fighter in USA, I believe? And, no, never was I in it, but had several friends who did...

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Oh heck no, the saying goes that plane was proof even a brick could fly if you put enough thrust on it:6:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Lol.  I'll admit it.

Ex-Air Force here.  I was stationed at Clark AFB from 1984-1991.  Met my wonderful wife of 33 years there.  I was an air traffic control radar technician.

We left the Philippines 1 month before Mt. Pinatubo blew up.  The Lord was watching out for us on that one.😀

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Clark AB 1977-1980. F-4E/G Crew Chief. Later got on the F-4 Drone Program at AMARG and rebuilt them so they could be blown out of the sky.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Fun times.  We had an old D at the end of the runway at George AB, used to occasionally scrounge parts off of it if they were applicable to the E.  Our squadron was split, E's and G's (wild weasel).  Was kind of jealous at guys who got cool postings like to Clark or Rammstein or wherever.  

Yeah the drones.  I remember two F-100 drones landing one day for maintenance, from somewhere.  Beautiful aircraft and so sad to see it in drone paint.