New Regulation in Manila - Could This Really Be True?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Just found this on MSNBC Philippines:

A MANILA City ordinance will require homeowners and local businesses to keep their surroundings clean or face fines, according to a draft copy of the law.

The ordinance will ban hanging clothes on electrical wires, washing and drying of clothes and and leaving trash along the gutters.

Residents must not leave their pets animals to defecate or urinate outside their property line.

Violators will be fined P500 to P5,000 or jailed for a month, or both.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Oddly Tom this is not something New here, Dumaguete has had an Ordinance like this since 2012 BUT, as per, it is just Not enforced :56da632e94212_1(60): neither has Cebu City and other Places that made such Ordinances 

Agreed... It is one thing to have an ordinance or law, but quite another to see it enforced. I see that as perhaps one of the biggest issues here. And reading that notice, there seem to be some loopholes already that some would exploit to their advantage probably?:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

Agreed... It is one thing to have an ordinance or law, but quite another to see it enforced. I see that as perhaps one of the biggest issues here. And reading that notice, there seem to be some loopholes already that some would exploit to their advantage probably?

That Tom, is where Lawyers make a lot of their Money Loopholes :shades:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

We can dream. :rolleyes:

Good luck to them. 

• Sad 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Just found this on MSNBC Philippines:

A MANILA City ordinance will require homeowners and local businesses to keep their surroundings clean or face fines, according to a draft copy of the law.

The ordinance will ban hanging clothes on electrical wires, washing and drying of clothes and and leaving trash along the gutters.

Residents must not leave their pets animals to defecate or urinate outside their property line.

Violators will be fined P500 to P5,000 or jailed for a month, or both.

I am 99.9% sure that this new ordinance will be just as ignored as the ordinances that are already in place!:whatever: 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I am 99.9% sure that this new ordinance will be just as ignored as the ordinances that are already in place!:whatever: 

Up until recently I would agree with you AZ. Things are slowly changing.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

If it passes, they can file it with the traffic laws, dogs on a leash law,  no smoking in resto/bars, etc.  In the larger cities you may see spotty enforcement, in the province even less.  Passing a law and enforcing a law are two very different animals. :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Old55 said:

Up until recently I would agree with you AZ. Things are slowly changing.

I can see that it's true. If only the current Prez could stay in power for more than the 6 yrs he's allowed to under the constitution. Finally have someone who means what they say, and follows through! I hope for the sake of Filipinos that the next one that follows him is not in the pocket of the rich and powerful. :shake_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

When we visited Puerta Princesa (Palawan) a few years back it was very clean. A tour guide told us there was a fine for the first offense of littering and certain jail time for the second offense. So law enforcement has worked in at least one place.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1