Customer service or not

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I find customer service great as long as everything runs according to the script. However, the slightest deviation from said script tends to leave me frustrated. I've shared several experiences of this before, but they are the exception. 

It's a churlish complaint but I find being followed around the store irritating, especially when you just know the person will be unable to answer your query 50% of the time - the other 50% being the stock answer - not available! Ace hardware is bad for this - a hardware store with next to no hardware!

The one that chaps me is getting checked at the exit door for the receipt.  Especially at the nicer stores like S&R where you need a member card just to enter.  Just a few days ago at Wilcon, bought a big pile of flooring, which needed a stock receipt just to wheel it from the back of the store, then a sit down with the cashier lady, and THEN a manager to come sign off on it in front of the guard at the exit.  Really guys?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I generally find Filipino staff are polite and well spoken and most times there are plenty of staff available compared to the customer numbers but they can be lacking in knowledge and/or inexperienced.  

Deja vu all over again.:Happy:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

The one that chaps me is getting checked at the exit door for the receipt.  Especially at the nicer stores like S&R where you need a member card just to enter.  Just a few days ago at Wilcon, bought a big pile of flooring, which needed a stock receipt just to wheel it from the back of the store, then a sit down with the cashier lady, and THEN a manager to come sign off on it in front of the guard at the exit.  Really guys?

It's all part of the lack of trust everybody has for everybody else here. This is one of the few things about the Filipono character I don't like - the instinctive belief that everyone is out to deceive you. Now, I know plenty are but how sad to live thinking everybody is.

• Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's all part of the lack of trust everybody has for everybody else here. This is one of the few things about the Filipono character I don't like - the instinctive belief that everyone is out to deceive you. Now, I know plenty are but how sad to live thinking everybody is.

That is Called Life HK, Corruption Breeds Corruption & contempt.  It starts at the Top and Works its way Down where we Find it daily, sad but that is Life here :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was in a hardware store the other day and the assistant said to me maybe I should come around the back with you, she meant to help me collect my purchase.Well I along with the 2 ladies at the till started smiling and then she realised what she had said haha. I said I didn`t come here for a date but that is the best offer I`ve had in a long time.

• Haha 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

That sounds familiar was it CITI hardware?

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We had a bizzare one in Vista Mall. We bought a dinner set and an office chair. The chair was to he delivered and we were taking the set with us. This caused chaos as we tried to leave - the guard could nor grasp such a simple thing. Without a word of a lie, there were about 8 people involved in the chaos, each adding a new level of idiocy. Even the Manager was struggling to bring sanity to the situation. It really struck home to me how dumb some things are here and how little people actually think about what is actually happening rather than what the rule book says. Comically, the Manager suggested we leave the dinner set to be delivered with the chair - speechless!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Sound like yours wins the prize for absurdity!  On another Wilcon trip we had 12 sticks of 3-meter-long wire molding.  Do you think she can just bleep the laser across the first one 12 times?  Nope.  She has to bleep e-v-e-r-y  s-i-n-g-l-e  o-n-e.  Then the guard is going to carefully count them one by one also.  Amazing!:dance:

• Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

I met my car mechanic back in 2004 when I had an older car to fix. When I asked him how much to pay him after the repair, he would always say "It's up to you" At first I started giving him good money for the repair, but then one day I paid him a small amount and he got upset. After that we made agreements for the whole job to completion. We are friends to this day even after I bought a new car that he didn't have to work on. When I challenged him way back he knew I wasn't a sucker.:wink:

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Sound like yours wins the prize for absurdity!  On another Wilcon trip we had 12 sticks of 3-meter-long wire molding.  Do you think she can just bleep the laser across the first one 12 times?  Nope.  She has to bleep e-v-e-r-y  s-i-n-g-l-e  o-n-e.  Then the guard is going to carefully count them one by one also.  Amazing!:dance:

In Home Depot in the US you have the option of counting all and scanning one or scanning all individually.  The reasons to scan all is to make sure a more expensive one hasn't been slipped in(they are watched closely) and to take more time, the cashiers here don't make $14/hr like in the US!

• Like 2