Food and Restaurants in Davao

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

At least that cockroach was free, right?

I hope so. We threw out the receipt!

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I mentioned this restaurant to L and she says she knows it well and that it does offer good food at reasonable prices. So we intend to go there soon for a lunch or dinner.

I dont know if they do roast beef every day , but overall the food was good , the creme caramel was yummy,  I went back for third time but some greedy barsteward beat me to it :whistling:

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Dipping slightly south for this report: We went with friends to Camp Sabros near Digos City for an overnighter Sunday-Monday. On the way and on the return, we had lunch at Mer's in Digos. It's right on the main highway.

It's a caferteria-type resto with a nice selection of dishes that are not always the same. On the way in I had pork bagoong,  afritada, lumpia shanghai, chicken strips, and a tinola that was all broth with mulunggay. On the way out I had pork giniling, monggo with fish rather than pork, a really nice bicol express, and the tinola broth with malunggay.

The food was all quite good but we found a baby cockroach in the container of pasabulong ube halaya cookies we bought from their store. :ohmy:

Was that the resto by the side of the concrete road on the right hand side as you head to digos,  lots of street sellers there ,but the food was good

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Was that the resto by the side of the concrete road on the right hand side as you head to digos,  lots of street sellers there ,but the food was good

Yes, dried fish to sunglasses, all can be yours!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 1/28/2020 at 11:47 AM, JDDavao said:

Dipping slightly south for this report: We went with friends to Camp Sabros near Digos City for an overnighter Sunday-Monday. On the way and on the return, we had lunch at Mer's in Digos. It's right on the main highway.

I know this is off topic - is the road on the way to Digos still all torn up with the construction project?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I know this is off topic - is the road on the way to Digos still all torn up with the construction project?

No idea. :smile:

• Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

We went up on Sunday and came home on Monday. I didn't see any construction equipment and other than a couple of awkward realignments, no construction. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

We went to a restaurant at SM Ecoland last night to celebrate L's long sought promotion that was finally granted a year and a half after she made her application.

It is called "Out of Nowhere." It is located in the Annex. The food was good and cooked properly - seafood, beef, chicken... they cooked it all perfectly and it was also very tasty. I did not take photos because my cell phone is full up right now.

L had a mixed seafood entree, one of the girls had a beef something and the other another beef something and I had satay chicken on skewers. I only tasted my chicken and L's seafood and they were both very tasty. I was a bit surprised that they did so good a job on the satay as that is not super easy to prepare and cook (I make it at home sometimes).

Total cost for five entrees and one dessert was about P1,400 and that included the small service charge. I can highly recommend this eatery and will return.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

We went to a restaurant at SM Ecoland last night to celebrate L's long sought promotion that was finally granted a year and a half after she made her application.

It is called "Out of Nowhere." It is located in the Annex. The food was good and cooked properly - seafood, beef, chicken... they cooked it all perfectly and it was also very tasty. I did not take photos because my cell phone is full up right now.

L had a mixed seafood entree, one of the girls had a beef something and the other another beef something and I had satay chicken on skewers. I only tasted my chicken and L's seafood and they were both very tasty. I was a bit surprised that they did so good a job on the satay as that is not super easy to prepare and cook (I make it at home sometimes).

Total cost for five entrees and one dessert was about P1,400 and that included the small service charge. I can highly recommend this eatery and will return.

We were there the day before for the first time! I had the chicken Milan and M ordered the chicken in a white sauce (like Alfredo but not). The latter was very tasty but the former was a bit too sweet for me, fr a tomato sauce (but that's the Filipino palate).

We also ordered the Caribbean kabob which was good, and the Japanese salad (kani?) which was good but drowning in the sweet dressing.

We'll be returning as well and now we know to try what you did, @Tommy T.

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

We also ordered the Caribbean kabob which was good, and the Japanese salad (kani?) which was good but drowning in the sweet dressing.

Great minds think alike, JD!

I was waffling in my choices between the satay and Caribbean as they both looked good. In a prior visit with her daughter, L tried another seafood dish but I cannot remember what it was called. I know it is not always easy to cook shrimp and scallops just right, but they did that exactly.

We also shared the mushroom pasta with smoked salmon. The pasta was okay - not super - and the salmon was way too salty and there were only about three bites of it too. So I would not recommend that.

I saw a Kano at the next table go through a plate of ribs that looked okay - at least quantity-wise.

What L particularly appreciated was that the serving portions were not huge, so we got just enough and not like some places where one order could feed a room full of hungry Filipinos!

• Like 1