13A Visa question

stang70
Posted
Posted

How long does it take before you can pick up ACR-1 card after you have applied for a non-quota 13a visa? I’ve gone thru the complete process and was told  to check the list for my name and it would take about a month. It’s now been 4 months and still nothing and when I question it they just tell me that it’s still processing 

BC57
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stang70 said:

How long does it take before you can pick up ACR-1 card after you have applied for a non-quota 13a visa? I’ve gone thru the complete process and was told  to check the list for my name and it would take about a month. It’s now been 4 months and still nothing and when I question it they just tell me that it’s still processing 

I had to call about my visa over and over. Legal told me they approved it and it was at the BOC. BOC tells me some info about the spouse wasn't listed in the details section on the computer, whatever that means. My estimated date for approval was 08-05-19, was officially approved on 09-12-19. Once approved then the ACR division is notified. After my visa approval I called the ACR division and they only would say it is being processed. I contacted the Immigration helpline on Facebook just to see what they would say about the processing time. They said it takes about 30 days. Now about seven years ago immigration commissioner at that time put a memorandum to his ACR staff saying the ACR cards must be completed in 3-5 days once received or face disciplinary charges. Now we all know they are falling those instructions. There is absolutely no reason why the ACR card should take 30 days to receive when all of your paperwork has been sitting in Manila for 2 months or more. Have you talked to the legal department or BOC in Manila? Good luck

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stang70 said:

Did mine in Cebu, waiting for my name to appear on the list, took about 5 months and loads of phone calls. 

Edited by jimeve

graham59
Posted
Posted

I believe there has been an ACR  'supply problem' for a few months now.

Perhaps they're going to give one free with ever vehicle registration plate.  :rolleyes:

I'll be going down the 13A route myself soon, so will watch developments with interest.

Question:

Does my (last) year in the Phils on Balikbayan count towards the 6 months residency whereby no police clearance is required, or do I have to wait 6 months during this present Balikbayan...then apply for the 13A

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

My name appeared on the list two months after we applied here in Davao. We were told to wait one month after that to go to the BI and get the visa and card. We still have a couple of weeks to wait before doing so.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Question:

Does my (last) year in the Phils on Balikbayan count towards the 6 months residency whereby no police clearance is required, or do I have to wait 6 months during this present Balikbayan...then apply for the 13A

I believe it does. I was here on a BB visa when I applied for the 13A.

• Like 1

BC57
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

I believe there has been an ACR  'supply problem' for a few months now.

Perhaps they're going to give one free with ever vehicle registration plate.  :rolleyes:

I'll be going down the 13A route myself soon, so will watch developments with interest.

Question:

I applied for my NBI after I was here for 6 months on Balikbayan. It took about 2 weeks to get my NBI certificate.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BC57 said:

I applied for my NBI after I was here for 6 months on Balikbayan. It took about 2 weeks to get my NBI certificate.

Cheers.

I am on my second successive Balikbayan year now.  What I was wondering was,  can I use that first Balikbayan year to satisfy the 6 months residency requirement that supposedly does away with the necessity for 'police clearance' from my home country (not the NBI clearance).  :89:

• Hmm thinking 1

BC57
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Cheers.

I am on my second successive Balikbayan year now.  What I was wondering was,  can I use that first Balikbayan year to satisfy the 6 months residency requirement that supposedly does away with the necessity for 'police clearance' from my home country (not the NBI clearance).  :89:

If you left the PH and re-entered again as a Balikbayan then you would have to wait till you're here for six months before you apply for your NBI clearance. Did you file an extension on your first Balikbayan? The BI helpline is very helpful and always responds to your questions, usually the same day. https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph/

graham59
Posted
Posted

Thanks BC57... as I was expecting. :tiphat:

I was intending to apply for the 13A earlier this year (after my 6 months), but the Mrs fancied a weekend in Hong Kong again... so that's why everything was 're-set'  .  

No probs... will apply coming January...and perhaps make some inquiries  at our local Immigration before that.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1