A great colour / tan

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2019 at 10:10 AM, OzeMike said:

She was told at the interview she met all the requirements but they couldn't give her the job because she was too dark. 

That stuff really pisses me off.

Early on after we relocated here, I was shocked almost to laughter to go into a BDO branch at the mall and see all of the "bank girls" looking like Japanese kabuki actors with their bright white faces. Lately, that's diminished and the girls don't looked so drained of blood.

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

There is age discrimination here big time also. Read the Manila Bulletin classified adds employment section.in their Sunday edition. Many specify that anyone over the age of 35 or so need not apply.:mellow: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

L's natural colour is a mellow tan. I love it. But she echoes what others have already said - people of darker complexion are definitely discriminated against and looked down upon as inferior. If she goes outside to work or play for more than an hour, her colour noticeably darkens... She doesn't like that, but she also doesn't use the "whitening" agents that are touted so much. She just accepts.

However, her hair is a different story. Hers is naturally curly/wavy and she prefers it to be super straight so every year or so she goes for "rebonding" for the better part of a day. I prefer the wavy, but it's the same story - curly is considered inferior. I am just happy to have any hair at all on my head (it seems to grow mostly everywhere except on my head - now THAT's irritating!!!).

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I wonder if when the good Lord created women, he practiced a bit?  Then when He had them looking perfect, He created the Filipina. :AddEmoticons04230:

• Like 3
  • Love it 2