Drinks with ice, yes... no ?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well it's often said do not have a drink with ice in it which may be good advice but I see now why this might be true in some cases.

The other night I said to the bar supervisor that some beers are cold and some not.  He says that because of late delivery not all were in freezer early but will fix it for Sir Toms drinks.

Yes he did and behind the counter is an icebox which they use for ice in drinks and there he put 3 San Migs.

So who knows how many people have handled those bottles, whether rats have peed on them or whatever and not to forget dust etc but straight into the same ice they serve others in their drinks. 

:shock_40_anim_gif:

If you want sanitary conditions here in the Phills..drink at home!:cheers:

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I make my own ice from my well water. Tubes not cubes as I like a big chunk in my glass of rum or a gin and tonic.

Ice in beer is just wrong.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The topic is really about what they did and what I seen. Bottles of San Mig placed into the same ice that others eventually drink.  Fine for me as I drink out of the bottle. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, graham59 said:

....And maybe just as well:   :unsure:

So Graham....what is he doing? Making poopsicles?:hystery:

• Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

I keep the beer in the crisper drawer, then transfer to the freezer about 10 min. before drinking.  

When we are out, just suffer with whatever temp the bottle happens to be.  Funny how my whole life I never much thought about how clean the bottle is that you are drinking from.  Then after moving here, I asked why all come served with a straw.  "Well you wouldn't want to put your mouth on that would you?"  Haha.  I guess not :whistling:

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2019 at 1:56 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well it's often said do not have a drink with ice in it which may be good advice but I see now why this might be true in some cases.

The other night I said to the bar supervisor that some beers are cold and some not.  He says that because of late delivery not all were in freezer early but will fix it for Sir Toms drinks.

Yes he did and behind the counter is an icebox which they use for ice in drinks and there he put 3 San Migs.

So who knows how many people have handled those bottles, whether rats have peed on them or whatever and not to forget dust etc but straight into the same ice they serve others in their drinks. 

:shock_40_anim_gif:

Must not be the only place JGF.  A few months back we had unexpected company with kids arrive just before dinner with nothing to serve.  Go to McDonalds for burgers and get sundaes for the kids.  I place the order and asked them to make the sundaes after the burgers were ready because they said it would be 15 minutes plus I had a 10+ min. ride back to the house.    I watched the girl make the sundaes as soon as she yelled the order to the cooks.  Thinking they would be a melted a mess I was about to say something to her.  But just then she placed the 5 sundaes in the same ice box as the drink ice.  Maybe they were clean plastic cups but at least two girls handled them before they were placed in the ice.  No more drinks for me if I ever were to eat at McDonalds again.  Oh well can keep the hospital staff employed.  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The topic is really about what they did and what I seen.

Maybe it's also about what is not seen JGF?

Consider this about restaurant ice machines:

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/restaurant-ice-dirty-secret-article-1.3632922

And be careful about the lemon or lime you request for your favourite cocktail:

https://www.elle.com/beauty/a37585/how-dirty-is-that-lemon-wedge-in-your-drink/

Edited by Tommy T.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe it's also about what is not seen JGF?

Consider this about restaurant ice machines:

https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/restaurant-ice-dirty-secret-article-1.3632922

And be careful about the lemon or lime you request for your favourite cocktail:

https://www.elle.com/beauty/a37585/how-dirty-is-that-lemon-wedge-in-your-drink/

Are we still quoting PI ice problems. :whatever:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2019 at 1:42 PM, graham59 said:

butt on ice.jpg

O to be so lucky you'd need a full block of ice to cool the jewels off after a hard nights work. :hystery:

• Haha 3