What do Expats in the Philippines think of Greenwich Pizza

What do Expats in the Philippines think of Greenwich Pizza  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do Expats in the Philippines think of Greenwich Pizza

• Love it. (Because its cheap or tasty or any other reason)
    • Hate it. (Horrible stuff that you would not eat any time)
    • OK (Neither love it nor hate it but would eat it if it was put in front of me)

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

Had one of their lasagne last week , it was shite. Had bits of hard fat that was supposed to be beef.  I won't be going in one of those places again.

Yeah it's shite but decent for the Philippines:biggrin:, I've adjusted my standards since being here

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Their cheese taste like bubble gum. I prefer mozzarella on my pizza. Once was enough for me and I never went back.

• Like 3

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Greasy bread with ketchup is how I would describe Greenwich's pizza.  Of course, that's just my opinion based on only 2 or 3 experiences. But, for me, that's more than enough.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Yeah it's shite but decent for the Philippines:biggrin:, I've adjusted my standards since being here

It's even shite for the Philippines, had much better Lasagne in other places. I've also adjusted  my standards since being here, but everyone to their own taste eh.:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Is Greenwich the reason my favorite Pizza Hut closed?  We were the only customers, but man the service was great and the pizza dee-lish.  Have seen Greenwich in the mall, but after the disappointing S&R pizza, figured I would just pass.  

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I've eaten Greenwich but I think that the local Yellow Cab pizza is nicer, not great but it's ok.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I think that the local Yellow Cab pizza is nicer

Agreed.  The local Yellow Cab pizza is fine "for a Filipino pizza".  But all the local pizzas use local ingredients that would never touch my lips if they were not on a pizza.

There is something wrong with the Greenwich pizza that causes me and about 1/4 or more of all expats to just despise it (numbers from poll above).  Almost no foreigner loves Greenwich pizza and yet so many Filipinos go in there all the time that they have over 400 outlets nationwide.  Strange.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree with you Dave it’s simply not to my taste whatsoever. Awful recipe awful ingredients.

It’s specifically for the Filipino market. I suppose an Italian may think the same about typical American or Canadian consumer pizza.

Thankfully there are a few wonderful pizza restaurants in Philippines. One of the best pizzas I’ve ever eaten was on Bantayan Island in a German owned restobar. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

After reading the comments and seeing the poll numbers . . . I think I will not try eating there.  I wonder if their idea of pizza is similar to what Filipinos want in their spaghetti sauce which is WAY too sweet for my taste.  They must be doing something right if they have that many outlets. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is something wrong with the Greenwich pizza that causes me and about 1/4 or more of all expats to just despise it (numbers from poll above).  Almost no foreigner loves Greenwich pizza and yet so many Filipinos go in there all the time that they have over 400 outlets nationwide.  Strange.

It's because there is a lot of sugar in the crust... Filipinos love sweet and sugar... sorry for sounding discriminating, but even L agrees with me although she is not such a fan of sweet...

We found Shakey's and S & R do not seem to have such a sweet pizza...