What do Expats in the Philippines think of Greenwich Pizza

What do Expats in the Philippines think of Greenwich Pizza  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do Expats in the Philippines think of Greenwich Pizza

• Love it. (Because its cheap or tasty or any other reason)
    • Hate it. (Horrible stuff that you would not eat any time)
    • OK (Neither love it nor hate it but would eat it if it was put in front of me)

TimL
Posted
Posted

I don’t like Greenwich much at all. Would only eat it if there were no other options. 

roddavis
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Agreed.  The local Yellow Cab pizza is fine "for a Filipino pizza".  But all the local pizzas use local ingredients that would never touch my lips if they were not on a pizza.

There is something wrong with the Greenwich pizza that causes me and about 1/4 or more of all expats to just despise it (numbers from poll above).  Almost no foreigner loves Greenwich pizza and yet so many Filipinos go in there all the time that they have over 400 outlets nationwide.  Strange.

The problem is that the pizza sauce has lots of sugar that the filipinos love. If you havean oven bake your. S&R carries the pepperoni sliced in the deli meat section, and carries pizza sause in the jar!

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... I guess nobody is going out to eat pizza with SonJack any time soon? At least if he is buying?:hystery:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is something wrong with the Greenwich pizza that causes me and about 1/4 or more of all expats to just despise it (numbers from poll above). 

Alternatively, there is little wrong with Greenwich Pizza that 3/4 of all expats find it OK or better. :whistling:

• Like 1

Howard
Posted
Posted

I prefer the S&R pizza to Greenwich, with that being said the wife and I were at the SM Pasig mall last week and we had pizza at a place Called New York Slice. It was probably the best pizza I've had here but expensive.We had the New York special pie and it was loaded with pepperoni, olives, peppers, onions, sausage and plenty of cheese and best of all no pineapple!:6: 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Alternatively, there is little wrong with Greenwich Pizza that 3/4 of all expats find it OK or better. :whistling:

A fair way to look at it.  For me, if I looked at any product, anywhere, with reviews like the poll has . . . I would pass on it.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

A fair way to look at it.  For me, if I looked at any product, anywhere, with reviews like the poll has . . . I would pass on it.

Hmmmm, not really.  I don't think those numbers are bad for something that is very subjective.  Pizza comes in many styles and many are regional.  You may have grown up with, and gotten used to, a certain type that was the regional favorite in your area.  It probably remains your favorite, and you think anything else is garbage.  (By YOU, I don't me you Dave, but everyone).

Certainly Greenwich is not a top choice for pizza, but there is a lot here that are much, much worse.  I have had it for a cheap lunch a few times and it was ok.  Nothing putrid.  I recall getting a thin crust that was ok, and I didn't find it overly sweet.  I think they have thin and thick for the "overload" pizzas.

We get S&R fairly often and like it a lot, but some may not.  New York Style with tons of oil on it may not appeal to some.

YellowCab usually does not appeal to me.  Once in a while it tastes OK to me.  By contrast, a friend and his family always get it when we come over because they think it is the best.  Tastes may very.

Most of the time when we take out for the family, we get pizza hut thick crust.  I'm not sure if it pan pizza like I used to love in the U.S., but it hits the spot for a bargain price of p499 for 2 large.  Don't ever get the thin crust there.  The one time I tried it, it was terrible.

Our best pizza here, so far, is probably the pizza at Extremely Expresso.  They have a big brick pizza oven and make some excellent thin crust, very Italian pizzas.  They remind me of the thin crust pizzas I had in Italy years ago, but bigger.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

One time a few years ago we were out at a small mall and very hungry.  The only thing that look good to me was Greenwich.  My wife said it was good.  I was hungry and ate it.  But still remember my dislike for it.  Since then I have tried the other chain pizza shops in our area and none were to my liking.  Including Pizza Hut, (sorry Don).  I like pizza sauce on my pizza.  Seems most don't use it and the ones that do seem to ration it to the point you cannot taste it.  Last year we were at a mall in Manila around lunch time.  We noticed a small pizza joint which had a brick oven.  It is by far the best pizza I have had in the Philippines and better than a lot I had in the states.  Only problem it is almost a two hour drive.  I still dream of that one and only time.  However, about two years ago Papa Johns, which was my favorite in the states, opened up a store about 1km from our new house.  My wife orders from there a couple times a month.  It is more expensive but worth it to me.  I stop in at least once a week for lunch, (don't tell my wife).  So as long as Papa Johns is here Greenwich will have to manage without my Patronage.:tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

none were to my liking.  Including Pizza Hut, (sorry Don)

Are you insane?!  :shock_40_anim_gif::hystery:

Actually I know a lot of expats don't Pizza Hut here, but it works well for us, both in price and some flavors we can all tolerate!

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2019 at 7:32 PM, expatuk2014 said:

I only eat the Garlic  prawn pizza at S&R lots of prawns and 2 large root beer drinks !

Went to shakeys once overpriced is my opinion

IMHO this is a pie not a pizza