What do Expats in the Philippines think of Greenwich Pizza

What do Expats in the Philippines think of Greenwich Pizza  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do Expats in the Philippines think of Greenwich Pizza

• Love it. (Because its cheap or tasty or any other reason)
    • Hate it. (Horrible stuff that you would not eat any time)
    • OK (Neither love it nor hate it but would eat it if it was put in front of me)

hk blues
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Tried their Lasagna once..Barf!:sad:

Yep...we used to get the meal deal which was very reasonably priced and very edible but I'm looking for more most times.

But, for many locals they simply don't have the option to trade up and places like Greenwich fill that need well so I don't like to criticise too much.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I've always been happy with shakeys but we went in one recently, I think it was SM Panpanga and the wife ordered chicken, salad and smoothie, I ordered mojo's and a thin crust pizza. The chicken arrive then a bit later the mojo's, we finished these and the salad arrived. After a long wait we asked about the pizza which finally arrived then after another long wait the wife's smoothie arrived. Although it all tasted good the pizza was like eating glass, I actually cut my mouth. I suspect I'll struggle to get the wife to eat shakeys in the future.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Tried their Lasagna once..Barf!:sad:

Yeah, I Tried it once, never again. The meat was bits of gristle, I got up and walked out.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Yellow Cab pizza is one of the worst ones I've tried. Shakeys is the best option here!:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

So far, our vote is for S & R pizzas. They are not perfect... but they actually have sauce on the pizza underneath the mountain of cheese. Our chief complaint is that they do not distribute the toppings evenly and sometimes the "combo" pizza seems to have few toppings at all. But the taste and value seems to exceed that of all the others we have tried here.... so far. I used to like Yellow Cab, but maybe they have changed? Forget Greenwich (cheese on a cracker), Shakeys sometimes has been good, but I think it depends on the type you order because some have been terrible and some have been yummy. It might also depend on location and branch. If you want to be totally disgusted, try a Dexter's pizza here in Davao... you will never want any pizza again!!!

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So far, our vote is for S & R pizzas. They are not perfect... but they actually have sauce on the pizza underneath the mountain of cheese. Our chief complaint is that they do not distribute the toppings evenly and sometimes the "combo" pizza seems to have few toppings at all. But the taste and value seems to exceed that of all the others we have tried here.... so far. I used to like Yellow Cab, but maybe they have changed? Forget Greenwich (cheese on a cracker), Shakeys sometimes has been good, but I think it depends on the type you order because some have been terrible and some have been yummy. It might also depend on location and branch. If you want to be totally disgusted, try a Dexter's pizza here in Davao... you will never want any pizza again!!!

I agree that S&R pizza is really good. I get a slice every time I shop there. I just wish that the quality of what we are served would be consistent. At times it tastes really great with lots of cheese, and then the next time you would need a magnifying glass to find the cheese. I tried ordering extra cheese once and they told me that it was against policy! This is in the Imus branch. I don't order as much pizza from Shakeys as I used to after they discontinued their Italian style pizza.:89:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 10/19/2019 at 3:45 PM, hk blues said:

To be fair, you're comparing a premium pizza joint with an economy one. I go to Greenwich very occasionally and it never disappoints - totally average!

Sad that you settle for average.:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Arizona Kid said:

I agree that S&R pizza is really good. I get a slice every time I shop there. I just wish that the quality of what we are served would be consistent. At times it tastes really great with lots of cheese, and then the next time you would need a magnifying glass to find the cheese. I tried ordering extra cheese once and they told me that it was against policy! This is in the Imus branch. I don't order as much pizza from Shakeys as I used to after they discontinued their Italian style pizza.:89:

That is quite interesting, about the quantity of cheese on your S & R pizzas... Here in Davao at the three locations, they overload the pizzas with cheese... sometimes I think too much. But at least there is usually some sauce below all that cheese and that is what I really enjoy... But all outlets are strange with arranging the toppings - no consistency at all... So at one outlet you might, one time, get a perfect combo pizza... The next day or at another outlet you might get a pizza with sauce only in the middle, a few toppings sprinkled haphazardly about (and often clustered just in one part) but always a ton of cheese... They need some training on how to distribute sauce, toppings and cheese... And more rodent control to keep the rats out of the cooking area.... 

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Sad that you settle for average.:huh:

Sad - about a pizza? 

Dearie me!

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

That is quite interesting, about the quantity of cheese on your S & R pizzas... Here in Davao at the three locations, they overload the pizzas with cheese... sometimes I think too much. But at least there is usually some sauce below all that cheese and that is what I really enjoy... But all outlets are strange with arranging the toppings - no consistency at all... So at one outlet you might, one time, get a perfect combo pizza... The next day or at another outlet you might get a pizza with sauce only in the middle, a few toppings sprinkled haphazardly about (and often clustered just in one part) but always a ton of cheese... They need some training on how to distribute sauce, toppings and cheese... And more rodent control to keep the rats out of the cooking area.... 

Maybe I should try the Peaches & Bacon pizza..barf!:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Sad - about a pizza? 

Dearie me!

I didn't cry though. Give me a break!:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1