Here's a good one! No school and no work for the government this afternoon!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

In our area, classes are very easily suspended when a few raindrops fall.  Several days have been cancelled due to predicted heavy rains, and in most cases, those rains never came about as predicted.  Our Freeport schools close according to the directions of the mayor of Olongapo.  In most cases, the rains are not so bad that anyone would be endangered.  It is just rain.

So, after weeks of monsoon rains, we finally have sunshine the last few days!  And at 7 AM, we got word from our private school that afternoon classes are cancelled. The Olongapo mayor made the announcement at 7 am, apparently at the direction of DePED. This is to "honor" Family Week.

So working parents, at the last minute, have to rush to make last minute arrangements to pickup their kids, and / or, take the afternoon off, so that they can have some last minute "quality" time with their family.

However, after a bit, we find out that most government workers, nationally, get off at 2 pm today, "so that they can have dinner with their family".  Acting Chief Justice Antonio T. Carpio also announced that work in all courts nationwide will only be until 2 p.m. today.  So if that case you have been waiting months for is scheduled for this afternoon, forget about it!  Private workers, you can forget about it too!

This was all just announced this morning.  Pure insanity!

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the Philippines ha ha 

I see this stuff all the time.  I smile and keep going :tiphat:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This was all just announced this morning.  Pure insanity!

Agreed...

From what L tells me... everything at DepEd is an "emergency" - nobody plans ahead further than 24 hours or even less...

She attends "emergency" meetings at 5 pm on Fridays that announce "mandatory" attendance for teachers on Saturday for some activity that someone failed to previously announce... insanity is, indeed, the only word for it!

I have to add another comment here OMW... Part of your tour topic title says "and no work for the government this afternoon!"

Need I say more?:hystery:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Same up this way today. :rolleyes:

Screw the kids' education.

Tossers !  :no:

• Sad 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Give the kids a proper education and the could end up brighter than the teachers, can't have that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Give the kids a proper education and the could end up brighter than the teachers, can't have that.

What I have seen with some of the teachers here that would not be difficult.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Hmm thinking 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

It sort of happened in the UK with the teachers just getting their teaching certificates turning out degree kids. Now the teachers have degrees to to sound professional.

• Sad 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

Same here in Dumaguete, got a phone call at 3.20pm that the kids were let out at 2pm, priceless!

• Sad 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Sorry, SonJack, but I don't agree with your comment.

Yes... From what L tells me (she is a high school teacher here in Davao) there are a lot of lazy and worthless teachers. No argument there. And yes, they are not trained nearly as well as in Britain, USA, Canada...

But, even the good ones suffer because they are expected to teach curriculums without proper materials or equipment. Computers, textbooks, visual aids? I don't think you can blame the problem totally on teachers.

I am not being defensive for L or other teachers, but just relating what I see and hear here. 

• Love it 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Same here in los banos the sister is a college teacher she was told at 2.15pm ! No previous info given !

• Sad 1