What's the best rated vehicles?

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted

I've seen vehicles cost in the Phillies, but dont know the engine types and best rated vehicles for their value,,, is the diesel engine best for your value or longevity of the vehicle?, or the regular petro?, what do I need to look into regarding buying the vehicle that's not going to break down in me every month???,,,

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

If budget is not a concern, buy new and have all service and repairs done at the dealer.  Multicabs can be hit or miss depending on how it was assembled.  If you go this route, be prepared to search for an honest, knowledgeable, and reliable mechanic who has his own tools and ready access to repair parts.  As Dave stated above, you can get emergency repair is most any town or village.  But that repair may only cure the symptom and not the actual problem.

• Like 1

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

If budget is not a concern, buy new and have all service and repairs done at the dealer.  Multicabs can be hit or miss depending on how it was assembled.  If you go this route, be prepared to search for an honest, knowledgeable, and reliable mechanic who has his own tools and ready access to repair parts.  As Dave stated above, you can get emergency repair is most any town or village.  But that repair may only cure the symptom and not the actual problem.

I hear you on that one,,, know the mechanics on most vehicles, and thanks,,, is their stores that carry nice tools sets for repairs???,,, like here in America???

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

I hear you on that one,,, know the mechanics on most vehicles, and thanks,,, is their stores that carry nice tools sets for repairs???,,, like here in America???

Many of the tools sold here come from China and the quality is poor.  You can find good tools, but they are quite expensive compared to the prices I was paying in the USA.  If you are still in the USA and planning on a permanent move, ship your hand tools and cordless tools via balikbayan box.  And I would advise you to, keep them hidden, and  DO NOT LOAN THEM OUT!  

• Like 2

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted (edited)

I hear you on that one,,, no wonder I was planning on sending.my own tools their via shipping,,, and electrical tools as well,,, and yes I am.aware of knockoffs,,, and seen makita and dewalt knockoffs that people sell for.like $65 US,,, somethings not ryt,,, but sounds like a "chinese connection within our day",,, not good,,,thanks for the heads up,,,,will take the valuable advice,,,,thanks,,,

Edited by Cool ICE-Philippines

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Mike J said:

honest, knowledgeable, and reliable mechanic who has his own tools and ready access to repair parts.

Sorry, Mike... not many of those here. I have found one here in Davao, fortunately...:sad:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

Actually, if you are willing to wander around a bit, you can find decent tools at Ace, Handyman or Citi Hardware - but not all you might want at any one location... And, no... they are not cheap in price...

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Mike J said:

DO NOT LOAN THEM OUT!  

Amen...!

• Like 1

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted

My experiance in loaning out tools for the past 40 yrs hasn't been a good one dont and usually never see them again,,, learning from mistakes and thieves that are anointed in doing so,, will never loan tools,,,thanks,,,

• Like 2
  • Love it 1