What's the best rated vehicles?

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Discovered a shop just yesterday that deals in USA surplus TOOLS.  Hallelujah, angels are dancing in heaven.  Gonna shop there frequently.  

I have found the local LOTUS brand tools to be fairly decent.  

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Discovered a shop just yesterday that deals in USA surplus TOOLS.

Where?

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted

I see,,,, yes lotus is good but here at home the deals are phenomenal during Christmas season. And they sell them as sets and high quality..

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I have bought both Lotus and Stanley tools from Ace Hardware and Robinsons Handyman. And as we have building work done on a regular basis we give our old tools to the workers ! Lesson learned when we had our home here built ! There is a brand here called Millwaukee which is avail in surplus stores  not sure if they are US made , there is no CE marks on them. And as we all know everything is made in China these days both fake and the Genuine ones !

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

There seems to be a lot of interest here, so maybe it's time to start a new topic here... Tools? So I will do that now...

Maybe it will fly, maybe not...:wave:

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/30942-tools-in-the-philippines/

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Discovered a shop just yesterday that deals in USA surplus TOOLS.  Hallelujah, angels are dancing in heaven.  Gonna shop there frequently.  

I have found the local LOTUS brand tools to be fairly decent.  

Discovered their Facebook ad I should say, Iloilo City.  Tasty looking selection of stuff!  

• Hmm thinking 1

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted

Which location is this?, and what city?,,, Lotus are American brands,,,

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2019 at 12:51 AM, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

I've seen vehicles cost in the Phillies, but dont know the engine types and best rated vehicles for their value,,, is the diesel engine best for your value or longevity of the vehicle?, or the regular petro?, what do I need to look into regarding buying the vehicle that's not going to break down in me every month???,,,

Returning to the original theme of this thread, I thought I would add another observation that I am a bit puzzled nobody else has yet made?

I see more Toyotas here in Davao than any other manufacture - by far! There are lots of the Fortuners, Hi-Lux, Innovas and others. I would venture to say that probably 80% - or even more? - of the taxis seem to be Toyota Vios - all with stick shift.

If you are looking for a car that can be serviced and that there should be available parts, I would consider a Toyota. I bought a Mazda that's now 14 years old and dumped a few US$ thousand into it to fix up those once-in-a-car's-lifetime ailments. It has been trustworthy but difficult to get some parts and tougher all the time do to the old age of the machine. Next car or SUV for me will be a Toyota...

• Like 3

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted

Excellent advice,,, will definatly look into the innova was my actual choice

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted

And thanks again for the inquiry,,, sure appreciate the advice,,,our time of arrival will be nearing by the end of next month,,,