Worldremit, no I dont recommend them like I did for years

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I still regularly use World Remit but only for amounts under 30,000 anything larger I send with Western Union or do a bank transfer.

The issue I guess is Im sending around 175k each time which is about my bank daily limit allowed without me going to the bank and raising it. I did one transaction of 50 K for cash pick up and was available minutes later.

I can not do bank to bank transfer without once again going to my bank in Aus to get something but I am not in Aus.

• Like 1

RobH
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Twice now they have blocked my transactions. The first time was sorted out on the phone. Now 3 weeks later blocked again from a transaction on the 17th.

This is the same as happened to me. Phone calls sorted out till the next time, three times this happened. They don't read the previous emails, you can't pin down any particular person to get it sorted.

I gave them the elbow over a year ago. Switched to Azimo, not as quick, but no constant problems.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Transferwise.jpg

Yeah I did tonight but cancelled when I see the fee to send was about $33 AUD compared to worldremit $9.00

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yeah I did tonight but cancelled when I see the fee to send was about $33 AUD compared to worldremit $9.00

Look closer

Transferwise.jpgWorld Remit.jpg

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I had a problem with world remit last Christmas but had it soon sorted, I used my iPad over their instead of a computer here in Australia, their system picked it up and handed it on to security. A few chats on their chat line,  (a lot better than ph.,) and the matter was soon sorted. Remember these services are into your bank account when you transfer money, I for one can put up with a bit of over the top bull when I don't inform them of my travel antennary. I suppose their a bit like the banks if you don't inform them of your travel, they cut your money off. :thumbsup:

RBM
Posted
Posted

Guess world remit is different from orbit remit whom I have been using for years without problems.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes, different companies.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2019 at 7:07 AM, graham59 said:

I too have just dropped them recently (after 3 years or more, without issues) .

1. My UK bank's OTPs were no longer 'working' on WRemit.

2. They then kindly informed me that they'd 'streamlined' their systems.... by depriving their customers (like me) of the FREE SOFORT direct bank transfer facility altogether.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I'm giving Azimo a try now. 

I use world first , I've had no real problems, they have asked for proof of stuff like papers for the condo I bought , but all transactions have gone through

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/25/2019 at 2:29 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Look closer

Transferwise.jpgWorld Remit.jpg

I dont get your point. Fees were well over the top with transferwise ?  But what gets me the most is your images show M Lhuillier where before you were suggesting transferwise ?  Also says first  3 transfers are free for new customers which is good.

RobH
Posted
Posted

Strangly enough last night I got an email from World Remit asking why I hadn't uses them lately (for about a year) I soon put them straight. I enjoyed that immensely.

• Like 1