Davao River contaminated with polio virus

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Make it cost some money and reduce profits and then things may have a better chance to change - what do you think?

So L and I are trying to make a difference - maybe microscopic... but a difference. 

She is a MAPEH high school teacher (MUSIC, ATHLETICS, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, HEALTH). I have been giving her a lot of shit about teaching the kids about rubbish disposal... and she is listening and trying to help... But where do you start in her system? Especially about the  health - sex ed, drugs, rubbish? It is a challenging system. But she is trying and I am working to help her too... The Department of Education provides virtually zero for teachers... So we try to provide information from online and elsewhere... Maybe if we could get 5 or 10 k teachers from elsewhere to teach or learn? Maybe there might be a slight dent... That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it...!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Sadly I think the situation is already past the point of no return. You and I won't be around long enough to witness the long term effects. :sad: 

Of course not... But maybe we can try to redirect, even a little, to turn things around? I don't have kids, but maybe you and I know so many others in the forum have kids? And even then....what about any kids???

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Of course not... But maybe we can try to redirect, even a little, to turn things around? I don't have kids, but maybe you and I know so many others in the forum have kids? And even then....what about any kids???

I've seen the TV commercials with celebrities saying we should ban plastic straws because of the hazard to marine life. Really? What about the rest of the plastic floating around in the Pacific, I.E. the plastic island that you have most likely heard about. And the plastic that eventually sinks to the bottom of the ocean floor. The fish are starting to think it's food and are dying because they can't digest it. I'm glad that you are optimistic, but do you seriously think it can be stopped, or even slowed down?:mellow:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've seen the TV commercials with celebrities saying we should ban plastic straws because of the hazard to marine life. Really? What about the rest of the plastic floating around in the Pacific, I.E. the plastic island that you have most likely heard about. And the plastic that eventually sinks to the bottom of the ocean floor. The fish are starting to think it's food and are dying because they can't digest it. I'm glad that you are optimistic, but do you seriously think it can be stopped, or even slowed down?:mellow:

Yeah... You and I have "got it" I think... Now how do we convince 7.53 billion others to follow our lead (I just checked the latest earth population... so we can discount a few hundred million as being just kids... so what about the rest????)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... You and I have "got it" I think... Now how do we convince 7.53 billion others to follow our lead (I just checked the latest earth population... so we can discount a few hundred million as being just kids... so what about the rest????)

Maybe you should be President of the world, and I will be the Vice President. You are much more articulate than me!:dance:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe you should be President of the world, and I will be the Vice President. You are much more articulate than me!:dance:

Right... And some of us are more articulate than "His Honour."""

I am not going there... But nice try, AK and I really cannot fault any of your reasoning.../

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Sorry... but I may be a jerk..... But I am not an a**h*le...... Okay... well maybe not everyone on earth thinks I am an a**h*le but????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

AK...  I just happen to maybe have a bigger lexicon than you... Please don't be bothered by that...I also have bigger leg cramps than you by moving my legs to try to keep up with your lexicon inquiries......

• I'm Confused 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry... but I may be a jerk..... But I am not an a**h*le...... Okay... well maybe not everyone on earth thinks I am an a**h*le but????

I was giving you a complement, you must have taken it the wrong way. I would be honored to serve as the Vice President of the World under your administration! Like I said before,,my sarcasm is sometimes misunderstood. It was a simple joke. Nothing personal.:grouphugg:

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

AK...  I just happen to maybe have a bigger lexicon than you... Please don't be bothered by that...I also have bigger leg cramps than you by moving my legs to try to keep up with your lexicon inquiries......

Is something wrong with you tonight? I meant no harm!:6:

• Like 1