Tools in the Philippines

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Nice workshop and tools, Intrepid!! Including lathe, drill press and table saw? Very nice... That Milwaukee hammer/drill is a real workhorse too!

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Nice workshop and tools, Intrepid!! Including lathe, drill press and table saw? Very nice... That Milwaukee hammer/drill is a real workhorse too!

Agree!  So jealous.  Makes me cry to think of starting over with my tools.  

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

On the subject of tools, does anyone know where to buy a manual impact-driver?  This is the kind you hit with a hammer to tighten or loosen the bolt / screw.  

driver.jpg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

On the subject of tools, does anyone know where to buy a manual impact-driver?  This is the kind you hit with a hammer to tighten or loosen the bolt / screw.  

driver.jpg

They have them on Lazada:

https://www.lazada.com.ph/catalog/?spm=a2o4l.home.search.3.239e581coZslrQ&q=impact driver&_keyori=ss&clickTrackInfo=textId--3004835895735645226__abId--135803__pvid--75dd474a-d661-427e-9cbb-c3135456d26e&from=suggest_normal&sugg=impact driver_2_1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, intrepid said:

The other photos are in my 6 x 3 meter man cave with some of the play toys I shipped. 

How SWEET is that. :AddEmoticons04230:  I had a 400 square foot shop before we moved here.   Mine was set up for woodworking.

Cabinet saw, band saw, drill press, surface planer, 48" wood lathe, 24 wood lathe, chop saws, radial arm saw, tenon machine, scroll saw, 12 inch surface planer, dust control  system, thirty feet worth of workbench, etc.  Many smaller power tools, corded, cordless, plus hand tools.  Also a large collection of antique hand tools, mostly hand planes.  I enjoyed working with the early transitional (wooden sole, metal upper) planes.

image.jpeg

I also had friends and family, but I miss my tools.  :hystery:

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Here's my hefty 15" favourite

That is a 15 INCH.  As Jake said, it's very hard to find a a metric ADJUSTABLE wrench!  :dance:  I think only people in the U.S. call it a Crescent wrench.  I think in Germany they called it a spanner.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Jake?...What? You're kidding me...:89: There is no such thing - a crescent wrench is adjustable infinitely... Or do you look for those in the store section that sells frumpkin pins and muffler bearings?:hystery: I am kidding you here, Jake...:cheersty:

Here's my hefty 15" favourite - great for removing and re-installing propeller shaft nuts. And that's not me - that's a shipwright I hired for the job...

Crescent Wrench.jpg

Installing polished propellor.jpg

Is that a left or right handed wrench? lol

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That is a 15 INCH.  As Jake said, it's very hard to find a a metric ADJUSTABLE wrench!  :dance:  I think only people in the U.S. call it a Crescent wrench.  I think in Germany they called it a spanner.

In the military you call it an open ended adjustable wrench.  Crowbar is a goose necked wrecking bar.  Zipper wax, my all time favorite, is called "interlocking slide fastener lubricant".   I have often wondered who the army paid to come up with that one. :89:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think it's what we call an adjustable spanner as opposed to a spanner 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think only people in the U.S. call it a Crescent wrench. 

We called it that in Canada too, eh?

So what do you call an accommodating woman? An adjustable wench!:hystery:

• Haha 1