Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Seen those but assumed they were for Chinese tourists:hystery:

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Sometimes 'culture' can be confused with stupidity.

Most intelligent human beings would be able to work out WHY a western-style toilet is configured the way it is, and use it accordingly. 

I do realise some may find it difficult just to sit on  something.... oh, and to FLUSH when they've finished.    :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ancient cultures many times have better ways of doing things.  Go figure 😁

https://www.futureofpersonalhealth.com/digestive-wellness/why-squatting-is-a-better-position-for-bowel-movements/#

But yeah back to the topic.  Western style toilets aren't made for squatting.  Buy a squatting toilet.

Edited by Balisidar

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Seen this in a toilet of Buffalo Brads Hot Wings.

They had this same sign in the CR at the Marina where I stayed on Samal Island. They put it up after one of the toilet seats broke off from the wrong use. There were no Chinese there, just Phil Coast Guard, local Filipino workers and foreign yachts-people - mostly Europeans or other westerners. The verdict was that it was the Coasties who were the culprits because everything was fine until they arrived...

Oh... and I am totally disgusted when going to use a toilet and find it filled with unflushed waste! I saw this in USA sometimes and so many places I have been... So stupidity or laziness seem universal...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

In many commercial buildings in China it was the norm for there to be, say, a shared bathroom per floor with 4 squatting toilets and 1 sitting toilet (for the convenience of western guests).  Invariably the sitting toilet seat was broken, with shoe prints still on it.  There would usually be a similar sign to that posted, but it didn't help.  In PH, I find the problem Tommy T describes is often about sub-standard toilet design or poor plumbing.  It seems most toilets need an extra dipper of water dumped in simultaneously with the flush, to get everything to 'go'.  Speaking of which, are these toilets made for midgets? 

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

Some additional signs to help change the culture with education:

2DFD6432-9262-444C-A95D-20C0D2F837FA.jpeg

914A03B2-3083-45F8-8FD2-533851D4F4E7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

In PH, I find the problem Tommy T describes is often about sub-standard toilet design or poor plumbing.  It seems most toilets need an extra dipper of water dumped in simultaneously with the flush, to get everything to 'go'.

Not exactly, Marvin... I am talking about going in to use a toilet and it is filled with poop - as in no attempt to flush whatever. I saw this in grade school, high school, university(!) and so many places - and, of course, here. Some people just don't get it...:angry:

• Love it 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I am wondering why they stand on the seat and then squat in the first place?  Why are they taught this, because they think the seat is not sanitary to set on?  I have my wife mention she has hovered over the bowl and sometimes tells our daughter to to the same.  I thought maybe the seat was dirty but not sure.  My age and size I cannot hover.  So if I see footprints that cannot be easily cleaned I move to the next one or attempt to hold it.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1