Jump to content
BC57

Direct Deposit

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Mike J said:

Ha, took me awhile, but I think I found at least part of the answer. 

https://blog.ssa.gov/what-day-of-the-month-do-i-get-my-social-security-payment/

According to the SSA you would receive your direct deposit on the 3rd day of the month.  This is consistent with how my deposit have been made while living here.  My go into a USA bank, but I have not been able to find any information that says the schedule would be different if deposit is made to a Philippine bank.

<snip>

What Day of the Month Do I Get my Social Security Payment?
Posted on June 6, 2019 by Darlynda Bogle, Assistant Deputy Commissioner
" "Timing is everything, and the arrival time of your monthly payment from Social Security can be key to keeping your financial house in order.

As you budget to pay your bills and save for future needs, keep in mind that your monthly retirement or disability benefit will be paid at the same time each month. To see your next payment date, create or log on to your my Social Security online account and go to the “Benefits & Payments” section.

In general, here’s how we assign payment dates:

If you were born on the 1st through the 10th of the month, you’ll be paid on the second Wednesday of the month;
If you were born on the 11th through the 20th of the month, you’ll be paid on the third Wednesday of the month; and
If you were born after the 20th of the month, you’ll be paid on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
There are exceptions. For example, children and spouses who receive benefits based on someone else’s work record will be paid on the same day as the primary beneficiary.

For others, we may issue your payments on the 3rd of each month. Among other reasons, we do this if:

You filed for benefits before May 1, 1997;
You also receive a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment;
Your Medicare premiums are paid for by the state where you live; or
You live in a foreign country.
Individuals who receive SSI payments due to disability, age, or blindness receive those payments on the 1st of each month.

If your payment date falls on a federal holiday or weekend, you can expect to receive that month’s payment on the weekday immediately prior.

You can see a current schedule for Social Security and SSI benefit payments in an easy-to-read calendar.

Social Security is with you through life’s journey, helping you to secure today and tomorrow through important financial benefits, information, and planning tools. To learn more, please visit our website.

<end snip>

I asked Landbank but they have no idea. I guess I'll find out in late November as that is my first payment. Thanks for the response.:smile:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BC57 said:

I asked Landbank but they have no idea. I guess I'll find out in late November as that is my first payment. Thanks for the response.:smile:

You will get a letter saying when your first payment is due.  You already applied through the U.S. embassy in Manila.  If not, now is the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You will get a letter saying when your first payment is due.  You already applied through the U.S. embassy in Manila.  If not, now is the time.

Already applied, and they sent me a letter to open a bank account which I already did. I know when I get paid by the SS benefit calendar which is the last Wednesday of every month, but I wanted to know how fast the direct deposits land in the Philippine bank since it goes to a foreign country. Hopefully it's the same day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BC57 said:

I know when I get paid by the SS benefit calendar which is the last Wednesday of every month,

I think you missed the part Mike highlighted in his post.  If you are getting the SS payment overseas, you get it on the 3rd of each month, like my kids and I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OnMyWay said:

I think you missed the part Mike highlighted in his post.  If you are getting the SS payment overseas, you get it on the 3rd of each month, like my kids and I.

The SS calendar says that people that get both SS and SSI get paid on the 3rd. For those that get SS get paid according to their birthdays. Mine Bday is between the 21st and 31st so I get paid on the fourth Wednesday of every month. I was curious if our deposits are delayed a day or two because they are international direct deposit. Hopefully the deposit hits the bank in the afternoon since we are about 12 hours ahead of the east coast. I heard that BPI post our deposits the same day as in the US, but I'm not sure about Landbank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BC57 said:

The SS calendar says that people that get both SS and SSI get paid on the 3rd. For those that get SS get paid according to their birthdays. Mine Bday is between the 21st and 31st so I get paid on the fourth Wednesday of every month. I was curious if our deposits are delayed a day or two because they are international direct deposit. Hopefully the deposit hits the bank in the afternoon since we are about 12 hours ahead of the east coast. I heard that BPI post our deposits the same day as in the US, but I'm not sure about Landbank.

From Mike's post.  There are 5 reasons given, not just SSI.

For others, we may issue your payments on the 3rd of each month. Among other reasons, we do this if:

You filed for benefits before May 1, 1997;
You also receive a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment;
Your Medicare premiums are paid for by the state where you live; or
You live in a foreign country.
Individuals who receive SSI payments due to disability, age, or blindness receive those payments on the 1st of each month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mike J said:

Army early 70s, but I expect other service branches were similar. 

Navy, late 80s... never heard of it.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

From Mike's post.  There are 5 reasons given, not just SSI.

For others, we may issue your payments on the 3rd of each month. Among other reasons, we do this if:

You filed for benefits before May 1, 1997;
You also receive a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment;
Your Medicare premiums are paid for by the state where you live; or
You live in a foreign country.
Individuals who receive SSI payments due to disability, age, or blindness receive those payments on the 1st of each month.

Thanks for the info. Never heard that we get our deposits on the 3rd because we are in a foreign country. I'll confirm this though with my case worker at the embassy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

From Mike's post.  There are 5 reasons given, not just SSI.

For others, we may issue your payments on the 3rd of each month. Among other reasons, we do this if:

You filed for benefits before May 1, 1997;
You also receive a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment;
Your Medicare premiums are paid for by the state where you live; or
You live in a foreign country.
Individuals who receive SSI payments due to disability, age, or blindness receive those payments on the 1st of each month.

I just confirmed with my caseworker at the embassy that our payments do arrive on the 3rd every month. Thanks again for pointing that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BC57 said:

I asked Landbank but they have no idea. I guess I'll find out in late November as that is my first payment. Thanks for the response.:smile:

Mike, thanks for posting that info about receiving our deposits on the 3rd when living a foreign country. I missed it when you posted that until OnMyWay pointed that out. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...