Car insurance recommendation

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Can any forumites recommend a good car insurance company? I am not looking for the cheapest, but one that offers a good level of cover. I know that insurance companies are only as good as their claims handling record so if anyone has particular experience in that regard, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

+1

Forgive me for adding to your post, but if any forum member can kind of outline the insurance requirements here, that would be a big help.  We currently have none, no one ever mentioned it, etc.  We do have a car.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

any forum member can kind of outline the insurance requirements here

Third Party is Mandatory and comes with you LTO Registration. Fully Comprehensive Insurance you have to buy in addition, For me, Standard Insurance Company is best :wink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Third Party is Mandatory and comes with you LTO Registration. Fully Comprehensive Insurance you have to buy in addition, For me, Standard Insurance Company is best :wink:

Thanks Jack.

I will check them out.

May I ask why you think Standard Insurance Company is the best? Have you had to use them in earnest?

Ken

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Huggybearman said:

May I ask why you think Standard Insurance Company is the best? Have you had to use them in earnest?

No not Personally but within the Family and close Friends Claims have been Paid with Little Fuss + Our Bank PNB + Noreco II ( Electric Company) use them and we have been Guided by all I mention In addition to our vehicles we have the House and Contents Insured with them also. Just a note. Every 2 years they send a loss adjuster up to the House for reappraisals. To me that is Sound Service. :smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Your bank can also be a good place to start for all types of insurance.

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

No not Personally but within the Family and close Friends Claims have been Paid with Little Fuss + Our Bank PNB + Noreco II ( Electric Company) use them and we have been Guided by all I mention In addition to our vehicles we have the House and Contents Insured with them also. Just a note. Every 2 years they send a loss adjuster up to the House for reappraisals. To me that is Sound Service. :smile:

Thanks Jack. I have just checked their website and they do indeed seem very professional.

I will ask them for a quote.

Cheers

Ken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

You would be crazy if you want to drive here in the Phills. They have laws but nobody enforces them except at intersections, where they can nail you for made up infractions. Get ready to pay fines for imaginary violations if you insist on driving here. Have at the least P1,500 in your wallet if you want to pay the fine on the spot. I drive here every day, but I'm crazy. It's just fun to drive for me.:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, bamfurlong said:

insurance cover seems to work different in the Philippines, here are two examples,

My daughter was a passenger in a car that was rear ended by a tricycle, the car driver was not the one at fault as the the tricycle ran into them.

tricycle had no licence or insurance so car driver had to pay for own damage to car, but here was the kick, the car driver had to pay for the injuries to the tricycle driver because the car caused the injury to the tricycle driver and passenger!!!!!!!!!!! WTF.

second one was exactly same , a motorcycle hit a friends car and did a lot of damage, again no licence or insurance so the motorcycle driver could not pay the car damage, but the car driver had to pay the motorcycle riders injuries because the big bad car caused his injury when HE ran into it. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! X2

Why the hell do they not pay their own injuries if its their fault

I am one of the most perfect drivers in the world. If you don't believe me just ask me. I have decided to install a front and rear dash cam on my car just in case I need to prove something. From what I've found is that I need to get a card reader to plug into my pc so I can put the card from the dashcam into it. Still learning.:huh:

• Like 3