Sign in to follow this  
Huggybearman

Car insurance recommendation

Can any forumites recommend a good car insurance company? I am not looking for the cheapest, but one that offers a good level of cover. I know that insurance companies are only as good as their claims handling record so if anyone has particular experience in that regard, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

+1

Forgive me for adding to your post, but if any forum member can kind of outline the insurance requirements here, that would be a big help.  We currently have none, no one ever mentioned it, etc.  We do have a car.

17 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

any forum member can kind of outline the insurance requirements here

Third Party is Mandatory and comes with you LTO Registration. Fully Comprehensive Insurance you have to buy in addition, For me, Standard Insurance Company is best :wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Third Party is Mandatory and comes with you LTO Registration. Fully Comprehensive Insurance you have to buy in addition, For me, Standard Insurance Company is best :wink:

Thanks Jack.

I will check them out.

May I ask why you think Standard Insurance Company is the best? Have you had to use them in earnest?

Ken

Just now, Huggybearman said:

May I ask why you think Standard Insurance Company is the best? Have you had to use them in earnest?

No not Personally but within the Family and close Friends Claims have been Paid with Little Fuss + Our Bank PNB + Noreco II ( Electric Company) use them and we have been Guided by all I mention In addition to our vehicles we have the House and Contents Insured with them also. Just a note. Every 2 years they send a loss adjuster up to the House for reappraisals. To me that is Sound Service. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your bank can also be a good place to start for all types of insurance.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

No not Personally but within the Family and close Friends Claims have been Paid with Little Fuss + Our Bank PNB + Noreco II ( Electric Company) use them and we have been Guided by all I mention In addition to our vehicles we have the House and Contents Insured with them also. Just a note. Every 2 years they send a loss adjuster up to the House for reappraisals. To me that is Sound Service. :smile:

Thanks Jack. I have just checked their website and they do indeed seem very professional.

I will ask them for a quote.

Cheers

Ken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You would be crazy if you want to drive here in the Phills. They have laws but nobody enforces them except at intersections, where they can nail you for made up infractions. Get ready to pay fines for imaginary violations if you insist on driving here. Have at the least P1,500 in your wallet if you want to pay the fine on the spot. I drive here every day, but I'm crazy. It's just fun to drive for me.:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1