Car insurance recommendation

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Watching them run into you makes no difference, you still pay. Just have a home movie to impress your friends.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

They should be forced to sell their vehicles for the damage and injuries. And learn to drive.

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Well, I decided in the end to go with Jacks recommendation of Standard Insurance. They seem to be as good as any other, if not better.

But here is the rub. Despite having comprehensive insurance, including breakdown or accident recovery, the maximum I can insure for 3rd party damage is 200k pesos, (I had to pay extra for that, the normal limit is 100k) which seems ridiculously low in my opinion. So if I have the misfortune to have an accident and cause damage greater than that, then I have to pay the difference. That seems to be the norm here, according to Standard. Comprehensive cover over here is nothing like the comprehensive cover I had in the UK which had a 3rd party limit of £3,000,000.

That was reinforced just the other day when I was stationary at a road junction about three back from the head of the queue. The lead car, a battered old Toyota Tarawaw,  seemingly impatient, suddenly pulled out in front of a brand new Honda Civic and smashed into the Civics front right hand corner. It caused extensive damage, not just to bodywork but, judging by the large pool of oil and coolent over the road, very probably some very expensive parts in the engine compartment. I would think the damage was certainly well in excess of any insurance limit the Tarawaw driver had, if any!

So if the Civic turns out to be a write-off, who pays the loss? 

Makes you think, doesn't it.

Ken

• Sad 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, jimeve said:

They should be forced to sell their vehicles for the damage and injuries. And learn to drive.

But their vehicles are likely close to worthless - blood out of turnip, Jim? And locals learn to drive? Now that makes me laugh!:hystery: and cry :SugarwareZ-034:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

My insurance company quoted me P25k for a renewal. I emailed them back and told them to come up with a better deal. My GF had an accident once and it was 55k to get it repaired. 4k deductible. This was the new quote they sent me.

Fwd_INSURANCE_PROPOSAL_FOR_CHEVY_SAIL_-_dopyeyed@gmail.com_-_Gmail_-_2019-10-24_15.55.14.png

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

This was the new quote they sent me.

Well, AK, that looks like a bit of a better deal than before? Save about 5k? Or did I miss something? I assume that is for one year?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Well, AK, that looks like a bit of a better deal than before? Save about 5k? Or did I miss something? I assume that is for one year?

Yes sir..one year. When the accident happened the car was still good enough to drive. Just cosmetic. Took about 2 weeks to get the car into the Chevy dealer but only 4 days to fix. Yes I saved 5k by negotiating. More money to buy Bar Vodka with!:7500:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Arizona Kid said:

Yes sir..one year. When the accident happened the car was still good enough to drive. Just cosmetic. Took about 2 weeks to get the car into the Chevy dealer but only 4 days to fix. Yes I saved 5k by negotiating. More money to buy Bar Vodka with!:7500:

Good for you... Imagine how much Tanduay I could buy for 5k? My liver hurts just thinking about it!!!

• Haha 1