British guy and wife kidnapped

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, virginprune said:

I live in the eastern end of the red area.....oh well.

Gf wants me to go to cotabato with her , she says I will be safe , whats your take on cotabato 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, virginprune said:

I live in the eastern end of the red area.....oh well.

SWMBO has family in the eastern end of the red area and I visit a couple of times a year but as I alluded to in my opinion not all of the red area is necessarily more unsafe than all of the orange area. 

I feel safer in Ozamiz (which is in the east part of the red area) than I do travelling through some parts of Bukidnon (which is in the orange area) due to the active local communinst groups (even SWMBO papa says it is dangerous at night).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Gf wants me to go to cotabato with her , she says I will be safe , whats your take on cotabato 

I live in South Cotabato, have done for 4+ years,  I have never felt unsafe here. I would recommend a visit as it is a beautiful and friendly province.

North Cotabato on the other hand I have never visited. 

Cotabato City itself is somewhere I would not venture. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

SWMBO has family in the eastern end of the red area and I visit a couple of times a year but as I alluded to in my opinion not all of the red area is necessarily more unsafe than all of the orange area. 

I feel safer in Ozamiz (which is in the east part of the red area) than I do travelling through some parts of Bukidnon (which is in the orange area) due to the active local communinst groups (even SWMBO papa says it is dangerous at night).

I live Koronadal City. My partner has family in Bonifacio, Ozamis Occidental. Hoping to visit there sometime.

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I live Koronadal City. My partner has family in Bonifacio, Ozamis Occidental. Hoping to visit there sometime.

Oh wow, I was in Korandal last month.  A lovely city and good food to be had!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Too many grenades for my taste. My wife is from there but we've never been. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was reading about this on Saturday and it was mentioned in the article that they may have been kidnapped because of a grudge.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Too many grenades for my taste. My wife is from there but we've never been. 

That statement says more about you than the reality of life in that area.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 10/7/2019 at 9:23 PM, virginprune said:

That statement says more about you than the reality of life in that area.

Yeah, well, a woman shop owner was killed by a thrown grenade a few doors down from my mother-in-law's business a while back. Try to realize that your reality is not every else's.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, JDDavao said:

Yeah, well, a woman shop owner was killed by a thrown grenade a few doors down from my mother-in-law's business a while back. Try to realize that your reality is not every else's.

And this was in South Cotabato? Funny it didn't make at least the local news. Never heard of any grenade attacks in my area in the 4+ years I've lived here. My partner has never heard of this either although maybe she wouldn't be up to speed on this sort of news as she's only lived here for 48 years.

There has been one minor explosion by the big church a year or so ago, that was a bomb left in a bag.

I believe Davao has had more deaths and injuries due to terrorist activity since I've lived here. So look out for your own backyard before posting hearsay!