British guy and wife kidnapped

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, RBM said:

Has anybody any updates on the current situation.?

Yes, I have an update. Nobody knows where they are.:89:

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

From reading various news articles  , the couple seem to have been living a bit flashy , there was also mention of a grudge , in an area that is known to be a bit dodgy,  it seems to me that it's a bit on the stupid side to invite attention by being known to have many businesses 

Just how dangerous in comparison to other areas of the Philippines is Zamboanga? How many murders of ex Pat's take place in other areas 

My gf gets intelligence reports as part of her job , two years ago it was to dangerous to visit kadawan, last june it was considered safe 

Imho Zamboanga is getting too close to the south west tip of mindanao and the Abu Sayyaf 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

it seems to me that it's a bit on the stupid side to invite attention by being known to have many businesses 

Especially as a foreigner. Why not just put up a sign, "Wealthy foreigner lives here!"

And remember that The Garden City - Samal Island - was the venue for the kidnapping of foreigners in the small marina there back in 2015. It won't happen there again because there is a small army contingent permanently located there since then. The horses are long gone, but the barn is now locked up tightly.

Murders and attacks everywhere seem to be less than before, but that does not make everywhere safe. Like we have all been saying in different ways: Stay below the radar!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Until they give out more info, if ever everything is speculation :89:

I probably watch to many crime shows on TV  :hystery:but this is what I noticed.

As far as I have seen they have not released the age of the wife..and there was no mention of children..strange? Younger wife?. The kidnappers escaped in two boats, not typical. If what i read is right the man is a dual citizen but has only lived here for 7 years, it takes 10 years residence to apply for citizenship. So is he Filipino or British born? Did I read that the wife has been released?....if so...……...IMHO if the property is in the wife's name and is younger with no kids...………………………………………….:whistling:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

So is he Filipino or British born?

There are loads of pictures on the Internet of this couple.  He looks white British and there does not seem to be a huge age gap.

• Like 5

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

It seems to bear similarities to the samal kidnapping , in as much as the favourite method of transport is the boat , I saw photos of the guy and his wife,  the age gap was not huge and she was not a beauty queen

If she gets released then that does bring up the suspicions that her family is involved,  who gets the money from all those businesses if both are killed ? It comes across as they are a wealthy couple

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

It seems to bear similarities to the samal kidnapping , in as much as the favourite method of transport is the boat , I saw photos of the guy and his wife,  the age gap was not huge and she was not a beauty queen

I agree with you, Baston... please read my comments here,. I value your opinion:

I personally know three people who were directly involved in that kidnapping on Samal Island...

One was a guy on another yacht on the far side of the marina from the attack. He observed and shouted for attention but could not do anything else.

A second, and his wife, were on a yacht right where the kidnappers were attacking. They were beaten and bashed but resisted and did not go with the kidnappers.

So the kidnappers went for other people aboard yachts down the dock.

There is some speculation about whether one of the foreigners kidnapped (who had connections with mining operations in Philippines and elsewhere) was targeted... we may never know. But he and his Filipina girlfriend were taken.

The last one taken was simply the marina manager who happened to come out to see what all the hoopla was about and he was taken also. He was the only foreigner who survived with his head attached and intact. He and the first ones were definitely not targets from the outset, but targets of opportunity... Think about it... foreigners aboard yachts in a nice marina? Nice, soft targets... That's how that one played out, I am sure...

The kidnapped were whisked away on several boats which were never found or stopped.

I just added this information to the thread here to fill in the possibilities and concerns regarding the most recent kidnappings. If the mods feel it necessary, I would be fine to transfer any further conversation to a new topic...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 10/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, Tommy T. said:

I agree with you, Baston... please read my comments here,. I value your opinion:

I personally know three people who were directly involved in that kidnapping on Samal Island...

One was a guy on another yacht on the far side of the marina from the attack. He observed and shouted for attention but could not do anything else.

A second, and his wife, were on a yacht right where the kidnappers were attacking. They were beaten and bashed but resisted and did not go with the kidnappers.

So the kidnappers went for other people aboard yachts down the dock.

There is some speculation about whether one of the foreigners kidnapped (who had connections with mining operations in Philippines and elsewhere) was targeted... we may never know. But he and his Filipina girlfriend were taken.

The last one taken was simply the marina manager who happened to come out to see what all the hoopla was about and he was taken also. He was the only foreigner who survived with his head attached and intact. He and the first ones were definitely not targets from the outset, but targets of opportunity... Think about it... foreigners aboard yachts in a nice marina? Nice, soft targets... That's how that one played out, I am sure...

The kidnapped were whisked away on several boats which were never found or stopped.

I just added this information to the thread here to fill in the possibilities and concerns regarding the most recent kidnappings. If the mods feel it necessary, I would be fine to transfer any further conversation to a new topic...

I spoke to my gfs brother in law about the samal kidnapping, his sentiments were ," they were mining engineers and we dont like mining engineers "

Personally it's all about the flight or fight response  ,if you are on your boat ,you potentially have "weapons " at your disposal ,a parachute flare fired at an attacker,  might have the desired response, especially if you manage to hit one if them 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Be careful what you say. You could be considered a conspirator!:shades:

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Be careful what you say. You could be considered a conspirator!:shades:

Tommy t wrote that , I was just quoting his post lol 

I saw a video of one of the guys being beheaded   poor bloke, the sawed his head of with a bolo 

• Sad 3