Fast motorcycle evades police, for a while

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I find it really intense just to watch this.  The speed is incredible!  It does not have a gory ending!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

WOW! What a frighting video that guy is lucky to be alive.

I rode a panhead for awhile in the mid 80's never considered myself an experienced rider. I don't know how many times some B@*# looked me in the eye and turned left anyway. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

I don't know how many times some B@*# looked me in the eye and turned left anyway. 

When you are going that fast they don't even see you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

If not for the high speed it looks similar to most cycle drivers here in the Philippines to me.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

That is a very scary video! How many times that guy avoided getting killed by just the smallest movement of any of those hundreds of cars he passed.Obviously he was still young. Nowadays I am nervous driving 20 km/hour... but again, that is here in Philippines where going slow does not always help you!

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

In the late 70's   I bought an 850cc Yamaha Special. At a traffic light once I decided to do a fast take off. I ended up doing on unintentional wheely but luck was with me and it looked to everyone else that I did it intentionally. Scared the crap out of me and I went WAY slow after that.:hystery:

• Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I've been as fast as 250 kilometers per hour on a race track on a motorbike (when I was younger and fitter) and I have to say... I think the rider was doing more than that at times.  NO WAY would I do that on a public road... I saw a guy fail to take the turn at the end of the main strait at Philip Island race track and his bike bounced and rolled for a couple of hundred meters before it came to a halt (it was almost unrecognizable).  The guy was actually only mildly injured but that's because he slid on the grass for even further and didn't hit anything.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I've been as fast as 250 kilometers per hour on a race track on a motorbike (when I was younger and fitter) and I have to say... I think the rider was doing more than that at times.  NO WAY would I do that on a public road... I saw a guy fail to take the turn at the end of the main strait at Philip Island race track and his bike bounced and rolled for a couple of hundred meters before it came to a halt (it was almost unrecognizable).  The guy was actually only mildly injured but that's because he slid on the grass for even further and didn't hit anything.

The idiot in this video is about as lucky as you can get!  On most days, he would be dead!

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I think the "thrill for speed" was invented by you crazy British gentlemen "cruising" the ISLE OF MAN TT".  One of the most dangerous race held annually on that island.  

Gotta love them Brits!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jake said:

I think the "thrill for speed" was invented by you crazy British gentlemen "cruising" the ISLE OF MAN TT".  One of the most dangerous race held annually on that island.  

Gotta love them Brits!  

I did the TT circuit once on mad sunday , once was enough on my Kawasaki 900 , I was blasting around a bend with my knee down , maybe doing 100 and a guy overtook me on the inside , there was about 2ft of a gap , I was young and crazy in those days , these days im old and crazy :-)

the pros, use the kerb stones and sit their tyres in the groove and it acts like a slingshot , craziest race on the planet 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1