Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Marvin Boggs

Bullion & Coin

Recommended Posts

Looking for a Philippine source for gold / silver purchases.  Search has yielded One Ounce Trading in Quezon, curious if any of you have dealt with them?  There are plenty of international bullion exchanges who offer shipping, I just prefer to deal with someone more local if possible.  There are even more local pawn shops and the like, who I don't know and don't trust yet.

To avoid this question going off topic, let me just say:  Yes I know everyone's opinion will differ on the best investments, the nature of commodities, the economy, crypto, etc.  Those are not really part of this discussion.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Philippine source for gold / silver purchases.

A few years ago I bought 1/8 ounce of gold from our local jeweler. Don't remember the price. I just know that they buy old jewelry, melt it down and make new stuff...……..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scott h said:

A few years ago I bought 1/8 ounce of gold from our local jeweler. Don't remember the price. I just know that they buy old jewelry, melt it down and make new stuff...……..

How much gold of value is in a gold crown?  I'm getting one pulled this week.

Is that off topic?  Sorry.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Looking for a Philippine source for gold / silver purchases.  Search has yielded One Ounce Trading in Quezon, curious if any of you have dealt with them?  There are plenty of international bullion exchanges who offer shipping, I just prefer to deal with someone more local if possible.  There are even more local pawn shops and the like, who I don't know and don't trust yet.

To avoid this question going off topic, let me just say:  Yes I know everyone's opinion will differ on the best investments, the nature of commodities, the economy, crypto, etc.  Those are not really part of this discussion.    

 

You ask a question then tell others how not to answer? :popcorn:

Edited by Old55
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

How much gold of value is in a gold crown?  I'm getting one pulled this week.

Is that off topic?  Sorry.

If you are off topic, then me also. 

https://thegoldcenter.com/how-much-gold-is-in-a-dental-crown/

<snip>

How much can a dental crown be worth?
To give you an idea about the value of scrap dental restorations, let’s take the case of a dental crown. An average full “gold” crown might weigh between two to three grams. For our calculation we will assume a spot gold price of $1000 per ounce. If the crown’s alloy is 10 karat (40% gold), its value might be as much as $40. If the crown’s gold alloy is 22 karat (92%), its value could be as much as $92.

Keep in mind, you’re selling scrap metal. The metal they contain is not in a pure or usable state and it will have to be refined. This means the Gold Center will have to adjust the payout price to cover refining costs. But consider the fact that you are cutting out a middle man (the local pawn shop) thus increasing the amount you receive in monetary compensation for your dental work.

<end snip>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a rumor that a Japanese General during WW2 buried some gold here in the Phills. Can anyone verify this? :wink:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes my neighbour has a map and is looking for sponsors.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

There is a rumor that a Japanese General during WW2 buried some gold here in the Phills. Can anyone verify this? :wink:

Just go to northern Luzon and ask for "Lolo" and look for a rock shaped like a turtle, or was that a pyramid, maybe it was a gorilla?  :hystery:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this site.

Please note:  I do buy or sell gold and have no experience/knowledge about the company.  I AM NOT recommending or endorsing this site as being legitimate.

https://oneouncetrading.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes thats the one site I found as well, and they seem pretty new.  I will probably give them a try unless a more local option can be found.  There are always coins on Facebook and what not, but I'm not as much interested in numismatics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...