Roofing sheets

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anyone here knows the price of corrigated roofing sheets , I am thinking of having a car port down the length of the house and I have found the sizes but not the prices , thinking of a metal frame attached to the house and the other side attached to the floor maybe 5 pillars and the length around 10 meters by just over 3.5 meters wide , 

Plus fixing it to the wall will flashing be ok to seal the sheets to the wall to stop water leaking through or any other thoughts on this.

Edited by stevewool
Added to this

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I expect prices fluctuate and vary a bit by location, but this should give you a good idea of prices.

https://philconprices.com/2018/10/metal-roofing-prices-philippines/

Metal Roofing Prices
Corrugated Roofing, Gauge 26 (0.551 mm x 2.44mm) SQ M           420.00
Pre-painted Metal Roofing Sheet GA 26, Long Span SQ M           475.00
Pre-painted Metal Roofing Sheet GA 26, 2.44m SQ M           478.00
Pre-painted Gutter, GA 24(0.701 mm) x 2.44m LN.M           355.00
Ordinary Gutter, GA 24 (0.701 mm) x 2.44m LN.M           312.00
Pre-painted Flashing, GA 24 (0.701 mm) x 2.44m LN.M           316.00
Ordinary Flashing, GA 24 (0.701 mm) x 2.44m LN.M           310.00
Pre-painted Ridge Roll, GA 24 (0.701 mm) x 2.44m LN.M           255.00
Ordinary Ridge Roll, GA 24 (0.701 mm) 2.44m LN.M           200.00
Roof Ventilators Set        1,560.00
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

Plus fixing it to the wall will flashing be ok to seal the sheets to the wall to stop water leaking through or any other thoughts on this.

Perhaps I'm not getting it but why would you want to stop water in an open carport - the rain will be coming in on 3 sides anyway so not such a big deal if a few drips make it down?

Anyway, I'd suggest sealing the corrugated sheets with silicon and then using flashing  inserted into a groove cut into the wall with the groove also sealed with silicon.  It might be a bit overkill though but would probably provide a good seal.

Our flashing was installed using this method and seems OK.

Edit to add - remember to make sure they seal the bolt holes with silicon to stop drips there.  

Edited by hk blues
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Perhaps I'm not getting it but why would you want to stop water in an open carport - the rain will be coming in on 3 sides anyway so not such a big deal if a few drips make it down?

Anyway, I'd suggest sealing the corrugated sheets with silicon and then using flashing  inserted into a groove cut into the wall with the groove also sealed with silicon.  It might be a bit overkill though but would probably provide a good seal.

Our flashing was installed using this method and seems OK.

Edit to add - remember to make sure they seal the bolt holes with silicon to stop drips there.  

The car port will be fixed to the side of the house so when you come out of the doors you are protected from the rain , plus the design of the house was cocked up , the side where the car port will be was going to have the extension so the windows and doors that side are nearly flush to the wall so when it rains the water gets into the window runners and into the house , so I am hoping to kill two birds with one stone sort of thing.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike for the price list.:thumbsup:

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

The car port will be fixed to the side of the house so when you come out of the doors you are protected from the rain , plus the design of the house was cocked up , the side where the car port will be was going to have the extension so the windows and doors that side are nearly flush to the wall so when it rains the water gets into the window runners and into the house , so I am hoping to kill two birds with one stone sort of thing.

Ah...that makes sense now.  

We had that problem with the main door in that the tiler brought the tiles flush with the door instead of leaving them an inch or two back. That meant the rain would hit the door, run down and hit the tiles and then flow into the house.  The solution was to chip away the concrete and tiles by an inch or so!  

Edited by hk blues