Rogan Josh

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Preparations completed and now it's cooking. If you like Indian food, then you would be in heaven smelling the spices as this has started to simmer... Now only a couple of hours until completion.

Rogan Josh Preps Done!.jpg

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

It's been quite a while since I made my favourite Indian dish - Rogan Josh. I was inspired when I found really nice trays of lamb at S & R yesterday...

So that's my project this afternoon. I am prepped, have all the ingredients (including the red wine to keep the cook properly lubricated). This will be fun!

Rogan Josh Ingredients.jpg

Lucky! I looked at the lamb there a few days ago trying to sate a hankering brought on by a cooking show and it looked terrible!

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Did you check out S & R? That's where I went yesterday and the trays looked good in the freezer section by the wall before you would head into the racks on the right...

Oooops!!! I just re-read your post...of course you were at S & R... But did you look in that freezer I mentioned?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

They had the trays of meat as you see in my photo and also some nice looking racks of lamb - except they had already separated them into the cutlets. They also had one nice looking leg roast. If I had a bigger freezer, I would have bought that too to make a nice roast in a while - I love lamb... L, not so much, but maybe I can teach her to like it. She now prefers the dry red wines I buy - like Shiraz and won't drink the typical Filipino sweet red wines... Progress is being made!!!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Looks yummy

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

It will be ready after a while and is even better a day or two later. I serve it with saffron rice and a cucumber-yogurt salad, but I don't have that here right now. So we will have a bit tonight and then the real meal in a few days... And I even found fresh asparagus at S & R yesterday - an unexpected bonus!

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Did you check out S & R? That's where I went yesterday and the trays looked good in the freezer section by the wall before you would head into the racks on the right...

Oooops!!! I just re-read your post...of course you were at S & R... But did you look in that freezer I mentioned?

Oh, the freezer! No, I did not. But I will from now on!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yeah... it's the freezer against the wall - the last one before the dry goods start. They have a lot of decent meats there, but they don't give them away.

Good luck!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

It's been quite a while since I made my favourite Indian dish - Rogan Josh. I was inspired when I found really nice trays of lamb at S & R yesterday...

So that's my project this afternoon. I am prepped, have all the ingredients (including the red wine to keep the cook properly lubricated). This will be fun!

Rogan Josh Ingredients.jpg

Put your recipe on here so we can try it.

• Hmm thinking 1