Jump to content
Tommy T.

Flu Shots

Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me if flu shots are available here? If so, generally where should one go to get one (I am asking generally because, of course, all locations will likely have different options) - hospital, private clinic, public health clinic? Also, what is the cost?

I tried to get one last year and maybe I was too late because the response at a clinic in a local hospital was, "Sorry, out of stock..." I hate that phrase...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Can anyone tell me if flu shots are available here? If so, generally where should one go to get one (I am asking generally because, of course, all locations will likely have different options) - hospital, private clinic, public health clinic? Also, what is the cost?

I tried to get one last year and maybe I was too late because the response at a clinic in a local hospital was, "Sorry, out of stock..." I hate that phrase...

The flu season follows the rainy season so you should get your jabs in about April.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Gary. So I will wait a while... I have not had flu for over 20 years and really never ever want to get it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Can anyone tell me if flu shots are available here? If so, generally where should one go to get one (I am asking generally because, of course, all locations will likely have different options) - hospital, private clinic, public health clinic? Also, what is the cost?

I tried to get one last year and maybe I was too late because the response at a clinic in a local hospital was, "Sorry, out of stock..." I hate that phrase...

Watsons pharmacy do a lot of different shots here at certain times maybe they do them in your area as well. I would go in one and ask maybe you can get the information you want.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! I will do that. I normally avoid Watsons for meds because they always seem to be "out of stock" for whatever I seek. But I will be sure to ask next time there. I would think that if they do that in Dumaguete, they should provide it too here?

In USA I would just go into almost any pharmacy and could get the shot as a walk-in. It wasn't free, but I don't care - if it lessens symptoms, shortens the duration or really prevents flu, I am all in!

  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any flu shots available now would be old stock for last season. Next season is likely to be a different strain so different shot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gary D said:

The flu season follows the rainy season so you should get your jabs in about April.

April?  Rainy season ends in about a month.

  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks! I will do that. I normally avoid Watsons for meds because they always seem to be "out of stock" for whatever I seek. But I will be sure to ask next time there. I would think that if they do that in Dumaguete, they should provide it too here?

In USA I would just go into almost any pharmacy and could get the shot as a walk-in. It wasn't free, but I don't care - if it lessens symptoms, shortens the duration or really prevents flu, I am all in!

If they are doing it in your area you can pre pay and then they will have your shot when the time comes plus you get a discount and can be seen by a doc almost straight away. It took me 10 minutes when I had mine as I had already paid.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks... Did you do this at a doctor clinic or at Watsons? The flu season for Asia and USA starts right about now, doesn't it? That was why I was thinking I should look for that shot now. I am thinking about all the traffic between here and USA and Canada.

Last year I was referred to a doc for this and went to the clinic. There must have been 20 people sitting outside the office waiting their turn... I just won't do that. There has to be a better, faster way.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

April?  Rainy season ends in about a month.

And started in June.

The shot should cost about 700p

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...