How far away is your power transformer?

fototek1
Posted
Posted

How far from your house is the power transformer? Ours is almost 1 kilometer and when we turn on to much power voltage drops to 170 volts. power company said P200,000 to install a new transformer. I am also assuming it would not be our transformer and we would be sharing with others.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

How far from your house is the power transformer? Ours is almost 1 kilometer and when we turn on to much power voltage drops to 170 volts. power company said P200,000 to install a new transformer. I am also assuming it would not be our transformer and we would be sharing with others.

I kilometer is too far, you're losing out to much electric, transformer  needs to be close to your house. Mine is about 80 meters away.

Ours is a 15 kva. and serves us only. 

Edited by jimeve
extra info
  • Like 2

fototek1
Posted
Posted

jimeve, did you buy the transformer? How much?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fototek1 said:

jimeve, did you buy the transformer? How much?

Can't remember exactly how much it cost it was several  years ago, It weren't cheap I would be guessing at 200,000 pesos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

Can't remember exactly how much it cost it was several  years ago, It weren't cheap I would be guessing at 200,000 pesos. 

Member @sonjack2847 recently Bought and had one Installed maybe he can throw some light on the Current pricing

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling HUH!
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

20 kva 70k installed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

20 kva 70k installed.

That's cheap, I will ask the boss exactly how much was ours, she bought it years ago. edit.

She says it was 56,000 pesos after discount.

Edited by jimeve
asked the boss how much exactly was the transformer
  • Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, fototek1 said:

Ours is not even a half a block away. They had to change it one night about 8 years ago. I watched them while sitting outside drinking Emperador cuz we had no electricity. Took them about 9 hours. I was pretty shitfaced by the time they were done.:shooter:

• Haha 5

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the responses. I will send someone down to Meralco to see about a better more accurate price. I need to do the calculations but we will need a larger unit. In the US we have 200AMP service and I believe that will equal a 50kva transformer. For the Philippines the equation goes like this ; for a 50 KVA transformer we will multiply 50 x 1000 and then divide it by 240v. That gives us 208 amps. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Interesting topic please keep us posted. Price quoted including the pole and labor? 

• Like 1