No stickers again and no Alien registration

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So as title says, no stickers in Cebu so could not do my ARC and they say will do it next time. It takes like 3 months for the card but now cant even start that.

WTF :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Third world fun.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Last time - about a year ago already - that I needed a new ARC, they told me it would take a while to actually get the card because they didn't have any at that time due to  production issues... I then traveled outside the country for a vacation and then was hassled by the airline (PAL) at the check-in counter in Taipei for not having a current ARC - mine was 6 months expired. They did not (or could not) deal with the expired card and so required me to buy an ongoing airline ticket...  and this was regardless of my latest 6 month tourist visa...

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

It amazes me that some chap in a bamboo hut can make licence plates but the government can`t or won`t make official stickers,plates etc. Why don`t they get the locals jobs to make them in a controlled factory. Even the cards could be done this way how hard is it.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

It amazes me that some chap in a bamboo hut can make licence plates but the government can`t or won`t make official stickers,plates etc. Why don`t they get the locals jobs to make them in a controlled factory. Even the cards could be done this way how hard is it.

If it was controlled too tightly there would be no grease.

• Love it 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Or better yet, use prisoner labor to make plates and cards. Seems to work in the States. Even prisoner get some pay for their labors. Instead cramming so many in jails, use them for the benefit of the country , pay them for the labor and everyone comes out ahead!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Or better yet, use prisoner labor to make plates and cards. Seems to work in the States. Even prisoner get some pay for their labors. Instead cramming so many in jails, use them for the benefit of the country , pay them for the labor and everyone comes out ahead!

On this I will agree to an extent But The New Plates on cars now have a readable barcode/ chip embedded in the Bottom Right Hand Corner that   tell anyone with a reader who, what where and when details of the Car so how would an outsource shop deal with this? ID cards well I guess that could be done but with the infrastructure and iffy communications here I tend to think that it would fail as things do anyway. :whistling:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I then traveled outside the country for a vacation and then was hassled by the airline (PAL) at the check-in counter in Taipei for not having a current ARC - mine was 6 months expired. They did not (or could not) deal with the expired card and so required me to buy an ongoing airline ticket...  and this was regardless of my latest 6 month tourist visa...

So if you were a tourist then you need an outbound ticket regardless as that is the law. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

They really are HOPELESS . :rolleyes:

TimL
Posted
Posted

My ACR expires today and I am heading out of the Country for a while in early December. Hopefully, I don’t have any issues with getting ECC w/o a valid ACR. 

• Hmm thinking 1