Mindanao earthquake

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Gf has told me that her offices ( new davao water company building ) , rattled a lot , she said tgat the 4th and 7th floors were worst

Thats two very recent 60 plus earthquakes,  wonder if theres goingbto be a big one coming 

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Gf has told me that her offices ( new davao water company building ) , rattled a lot , she said tgat the 4th and 7th floors were worst

Thats two very recent 60 plus earthquakes,  wonder if theres goingbto be a big one coming 

A big one is coming for for sure. They always do. We just never know when. I'm ready for it though.:ohmy:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm seeing some bad damage and injuries on FB.  At least 1 death.  Stay safe!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

L keeps telling me that Philvolcs has been suggesting that a 7 is due for Davao and environs... this is just the lead-up, perhaps? I hope not... these are really not fun...

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

L keeps telling me that Philvolcs has been suggesting that a 7 is due for Davao and environs... this is just the lead-up, perhaps? I hope not... these are really not fun...

The one that worries me is , what happens if mount apo becomes active as a result of the quakes 

• Sad 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

The one that worries me is , what happens if mount apo becomes active as a result of the quakes 

Bite your tongue, Baston! No historical eruptions are known from Apo. But it is considered "geologically active," according to some texts I checked.

I viewed it using satellite views - Google Earth and others... I am a bit relaxed to note that the location of our home in progress "appears" to be well outside of any recent (maybe 100,000 years) of lava flows. However, if something a la Mt. St. Helens eruption occurs, all bets are off. I know one thing, for sure, there are a lot of really huge rocks all strewn around in that area and they didn't just get planted there and grow up.

There are some hot springs from which a business is reaping a fair amount of geothermal energy in a power plant - 

The Mindanao Geothermal Production Field[1] also known as the Mount Apo Geothermal Power Plant is located in Barangay Ilomavis, Kidapawan City, North Cotabato Near Foot of Mount Apo with a power output of 106 MW, currently of Kind of Mindanao Grid to supplies electricity to Kidapawan and Davao Region.

Impounds: Mount Apo

Turbines: Dry Steam Power Plant 54.24 megawatts

So something is going on there. I wonder if there have been any changes noted in output, temperatures, etc., since the latest seismic activities.

And, remember too that Philippines is located right on the "Pacific Ring of Fire." 

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Any more update Tommy?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My gf tells me that as of 4.40am there have been no more shocks 

The schools in davao remain closed waiting on engineers inspections 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Any more update Tommy?

2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

My gf tells me that as of 4.40am there have been no more shocks 

The schools in davao remain closed waiting on engineers inspections 

Yeah... Just now there was another moderate shaker - I am guessing maybe 4.5 or a bit more? Difficult to say.

L just called me from school and there will not be classes today so I assume that means for all of Davao?

For you, Baston, the time of this latest quake was at about 6:20 am local time

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, bastonjock said:

If Apo blows? Then I think me, Tommy, and a couple of others become the first ex-pats on the moon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1