Mindanao earthquake

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

The United States Geological Survey puts this morning's quake at a magnitude 6.5, 6 miles east of Kisante, on Mt. Apo's southern side, and just 6 miles deep. Classes are again canceled in Davao City and the government is encouraging private businesses to follow suit.

I haven't heard of any injuries or deaths yet but there is widespread damage which increases nearer the epicenter.

A condominium building in Davao's Ecoland area partially collapsed. 

Kisante.png

• Sad 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)

From GMA News: Ecoland 4000 condo, Davao. Not yours, I hope, @bastonjock !

Ecoland_4000.jpg

Edited by JDDavao
  • Sad 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

The Cotabato and surrounding area certainly is getting a bit of a battering. I sincerely hope these shocks are not a precurser to a really big one.

BC57
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Wife pulled this photo from Facebook just 30 minutes ago, kidapawan city condo supposedly

cotabato.jpg

October has definitely been earthquake month. I lived in Sou Cal my whole life and never experienced this many quakes in one month. I moved to Koronadal City last November, but October hasn't been nice. So far our house that is about five years old has stood up to these quakes. Stay safe everyone.

• Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Wife pulled this photo from Facebook just 30 minutes ago, kidapawan city condo supposedly

cotabato.jpg

GMA News is now showing this. Eva's Hotel in Kidapawan. First reports said that no one was injured because a smaller quake had sent everyone scurrying outside. New reports say that "rescue operations" are ongoing. That might be just making sure. I have no word on whether anyone is known to be missing.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

A better view of the Davao City condo, Ecoland 4000, collapse. It's much worse than it first appeared. Rescue teams are going floor to floor now.

Ecoland_4000_01a.jpg

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JDDavao said:

From GMA News: Ecoland 4000 condo, Davao. Not yours, I hope, @bastonjock !

Ecoland_4000.jpg

Thats the one next door to mine,  shoot it was close , there apears to be a lack of steel used in the construction 

Screenshot_20191031-064256_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20191031-064242_Messenger.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

The water supply to my farm has been damaged , the spring hole where the water comes from has been buried in a land slide 

• Sad 5

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I hear that condominium has been condemned so I guess all the unit owners have done their money and will probably have to pay for rhe site to be cleared.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gary D said:

I hear that condominium has been condemned so I guess all the unit owners have done their money and will probably have to pay for rhe site to be cleared.

The block on the left adjacent to the guard house has been condemned,  the other blocks are okay

I hear there has been another quake today