Finding a home

Raksada
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone. I'm going to be moving to Cebu within the next year and I'm having a hard time finding somewhere to live. I have tried looking online but there really isn't much that shows up and I know there are more places than the the dozen or so that show up. How would you recommend finding a place to live?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum.  As mentioned in the prior post the best way is to wait until you arrive to find a place.   Book a few days at a hotel or pension house prior to your arrival.  Once here you will find lots of places for rent.  Pictures of the places you find on the internet are often misleading and you will not know what is next door.  Also the prices of anything posted on the internet is usually inflated compared to the local market.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Shaz
Posted
Posted
On 10/19/2019 at 3:18 PM, Arizona Kid said:

I found the place I live in because my landlord was going to raise my rent. Maybe she figured that as a foreigner I wouldn't do anything about it. My GF and I drove around looking for a place and got lucky finding a 2 bdrm 1 cr place for P7,000 per month. It's an older house but has a large yard and a big carport for my car. My 5 dogs are happy with it also. This was in 2008. My new landlord must have been so happy that I pay my rent on time, that I'm still paying only P7,000 to this day.:dance:

Since 2008 you're paying P7,000 to this day. You're very lucky.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 10/21/2019 at 2:14 PM, Shaz said:

Since 2008 you're paying P7,000 to this day. You're very lucky.

Yes I agree. I dug out the lease agreement a few months back that stated they could increase the rent by 3% every year. One year lease. Now we are just month to month. My GF thinks it's because we have never been late on a payment. It would be a huge understatement to say that I got lucky!:biggrin:

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 10/18/2019 at 5:38 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Boots on the ground mate

That is great advice!:AddEmoticons04230:

• Like 2