Electrical problems.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, hk blues said:

If it were me I'd also do it that way - at least you might have a chance of finding the cables should troubleshooting be needed - with them set in the concrete pad and going in who knows what direction, and with tiles being laid over, you have zero chance of getting to the cables. They just take the easiest short-term way I guess.

The cables should be run through conduit which is chased into the block walls.  That way you can (hopefully) get to, and run, new wire via receptacle boxes if required.

• Like 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

If you are looking for outside ppwer points , try to find something that has an IP 65 rating or IP66 ,use glands where the cables enter the box and some silicon sealant to ensure that its waterproof 

My IP65 rated solar lights have withstood the test of the rainy season

If you cant get IP65 rated stuff , you could modify a plastic food box to give you weather protection 

Please dont cross the live and neutral wires , all the switches run through the live and should never ever never be run through the neutral 

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Please dont cross the live and neutral wires , all the switches run through the live and should never ever never be run through the neutral 

I'd be impressed to find a filipino electrician that knows the difference. When it's all run in the same colour wire you count your blessings if it works at all. The local electrician all the way up to the electricity company didn't know how to wire a simple garage type consumer unit. Welcome to the Philippines.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1