Posted
Posted

MVIMG_20191018_101000.jpg

MVIMG_20191021_162504.jpg

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Is this going to be your permanent home sometime in the future Gary or a holiday home or have you not made your mind up yet.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The one bed the sister in law will rent. The two bed we will live in whilst we upgrade and extend the current house across the road from this new build. Once we move back into the big house the two bed will become guest quarters. We will obviously use the garage for a car one day. We are here until the middle of May hopefully by which time the work will largely be complete. We will then be spending 3 months in the UK before returns for 6-7 months and so on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

Well I said in Tommy T's thread that I'd start a new topic once we had started our new build. It's been a couple of weeks now so it's starting to show, up until now all of the work has largely been in the ground, saying that there's still plenty to do before we start on the walls. What we are building is a single story two bed apartment, an attached one bed apartment and double garage. Total area is about 120 sq metres.

Congratulations on the build commencement, Gary! So now the race is on to see who's house will be done first? Just kidding. I think your's will be done quickly being single story. So we will be able to compare stories. (That pun was not intended - it just sort of slipped out...)

By the way, I do appreciate your helpful comments you have contributed - you help keep me on my toes and help me build a better home. Best of luck to you too on this!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Still progressing. Most of the building is up to floor level apart from a small bit around the old store which will eventually disappear into the new building. We have now reached the filling stage and have recieved about 60 cubic metres of sand. Apparently they infill with sand then water it to compact it before laying the concrete slabs. Must go and find some polythene sheeting for the membranes.

MVIMG_20191026_144512.jpg

MVIMG_20191028_072454.jpg

MVIMG_20191028_072529.jpg

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Looks good, Gary! Carry on!

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Gary, I hope your men are capping those Pipes at Night or always until the time comes to use them, Last thing you need is a Rat or something to get done them, a Mistake I made and it took ages to sort the problem out :smile:

Good point Jack. Maybe put something over the pipes, perhaps an old shirt.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Gary, I hope your men are capping those Pipes at Night or always until the time comes to use them, Last thing you need is a Rat or something to get done them, a Mistake I made and it took ages to sort the problem out :smile:

Yes all capped.:thumbsup:

• Like 1