Building a house in Bataan

Gary D
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jake said:

Congrats on your new build and we appreciate the progress reports with photos.  I am very interested on how they would install earth ground and the wiring to each outlet.  

That's easy, I'm doing it. I've BBed all the 3-core cable, switches, outlets and accessories etc from the UK.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

Makes a person mighty nervous to do a "sit down" knowing there is pair of fierce pincers just waiting down below

Maybe that's why so many Asians like to stand on a toilet seat and squat? To keep things out of range?:smile:

• Haha 5

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gary D said:

That's easy, I'm doing it. I've BBed all the 3-core cable, switches, outlets and accessories etc from the UK.

Are you planning on using earth rods gary ?

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Are you planning on using earth rods gary ?

Yes, have to source it yet. They are too long the ship, the current house I wrapped one well and brought it on the plane with me. For the rellies I 've used 8 mm rebar hammered into the ground by about 4 feet. I'm pretty sure copper rods are available here, just got to find them.

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Yes, have to source it yet.  I'm pretty sure copper rods are available here, just got to find them.

Wilcon stock earth rods. Not sure if they are copper ones though.

• Like 5

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Yes, have to source it yet. They are too long the ship, the current house I wrapped one well and brought it on the plane with me. For the rellies I 've used 8 mm rebar hammered into the ground by about 4 feet. I'm pretty sure copper rods are available here, just got to find them.

In the uk , the rods are flashed copper 

If it was me , i woukd use a minimum of 4 rods one at each corner , dig a trench,  to take the cable and run a 10mm preferably 16mm "RING " between the rods and then back to the board

Are you using rcd,s or rcbo,s for the circuit breakers ?

• Like 3

Bobm
Posted
Posted

Good to see the progress and thanks for bringing is alone.  Where in Bataan are you building? We're looking to retire there in a few years.  

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Bobm said:

Good to see the progress and thanks for bringing is alone.  Where in Bataan are you building? We're looking to retire there in a few years.  

Thanks, I'll update as anything of note comes along. We are just outside Dinilupihan although we are part of Hermosa.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bastonjock said:

In the uk , the rods are flashed copper 

If it was me , i woukd use a minimum of 4 rods one at each corner , dig a trench,  to take the cable and run a 10mm preferably 16mm "RING " between the rods and then back to the board

Are you using rcd,s or rcbo,s for the circuit breakers ?

Not surprised that they are flashed copper. The consumer unit I've brought has a 100amp isolator, 2 x 63 amp 30 ma RCDs and 6 various MCBs. I'm not intending to run split ciruits so one RCB will be a spare.

• Like 1

Bobm
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Thanks, I'll update as anything of note comes along. We are just outside Dinilupihan although we are part of Hermosa.

Okay,  northern Bataan. Don't know much about that area. We have a place in Marvelous which is south near 5 fingers.  What's average land cost there for 1 or 2 hectors? Do you know?