Good massage/therapy

cerox
Posted
Posted

I have some issues with my shoulder and used regular massage in Thailand which really helped a lot.

I just arrived in Manila 2 days ago and tried one "Thai massage" which was totally unqualified and useless so say it honest. I am looking for a good massage therapist who knows what he/she is doing in Manila, Borocay, Cebu or other bigger cities.

I would be really grateful if someone has experience and can recommend a specific place. It does not need to be a Thai massage, everything that solves knots and someone who can work on problem zones / tensions is fine.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My previous partner is a trained masseuse and from her experience very few massage parlours actually have a licensed masseuse and if they do have it's just the one to get around the law.

I love a good masseuse and average one per week over the last 3 years.  By far the best I have had is in White Beach, Puerto Galera.  Winnies Holistic Therapy is her business I think.  She is a licensed instructor and trains most of the licensed masseurs in Oriental Mindoro plus many in Manila.  Average cost is about 600 peso for an hour.

Winnie trained my partner and to humour her I allowed her to give me a massage.  I was pleasantly surprised how good it was.  Both of them hit the right spots without going over pressure points again and again until it hurt.  I've had others though that have left me feeling worse than I was when I went in.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You can get an ok massage anywhere here, and they are cheap.

A good massage is rare.  They are simply not trained very well.  I miss the good Thai & Korean massages I got in Texas.

• Like 1

cerox
Posted
Posted

Snowy79,

thank you very much, really helpful.

The one massage I went to a few days ago in Manila was just not qualified - they called it Thai massage, but it wasnt - after 3 years of living in Thailand I never had such a bad massage that the woman did not even use their elbows for enough pressure.

You mentioned that teacher who trains others on Mindoro island. Would you mind asking her (if you happen to go to a massage with her) whether she knows a licensed one in Borocay/Cebu/Bohol area? Just if you go anyway I mean. If I go and ask around in shops they are just not honest and tell me they can do it.

I will keep that place in Puerto Galera in mind if I go there later on. Thank you.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I got addicted to a massage place in Hong Kong prior to the lease expiration. A hot bath first, then the most exhilarating massage I have ever experienced. The masseuses had handles on the ceiling above the table so they could walk all over you with their feet. Wonderful. :tongue: 

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, cerox said:

Snowy79,

thank you very much, really helpful.

The one massage I went to a few days ago in Manila was just not qualified - they called it Thai massage, but it wasnt - after 3 years of living in Thailand I never had such a bad massage that the woman did not even use their elbows for enough pressure.

You mentioned that teacher who trains others on Mindoro island. Would you mind asking her (if you happen to go to a massage with her) whether she knows a licensed one in Borocay/Cebu/Bohol area? Just if you go anyway I mean. If I go and ask around in shops they are just not honest and tell me they can do it.

I will keep that place in Puerto Galera in mind if I go there later on. Thank you.

I can recommend an excellent one on Boracay.  Ill try to send you details via messenger if possible.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 10/21/2019 at 9:28 PM, cerox said:

I am looking for a good massage therapist who knows what he/she is doing in Manila, Borocay, Cebu or other bigger cities

In Cebu - Mega Therapeutic and Wellness Center - Tipolo Mandaue Branch, Mandaue City. Rm 201-202 Arcada5 Bldg., Tipolo Mandaue City Cebu Call/text 09225104169

They offer various packages and do cost a bit more then some of the other massage places, but it’s well  worth it. Well trained staff and very clean place. 

Nice little bistro in the same plaza called Woori  (or something like that),  great place to relax a little after getting a nice massage.

Disclaimer - I have no vested interest in either business nor am I acquainted with the owners and I do not receive any commissions for referring them. Naturally YMMV at either place. 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I'm not into all this massage this. Would I get a discount if I skipped the massage and went straight to the happy ending. :mocking:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

cerox
Posted
Posted

Thank you guys and thanks for the recommendation in Cebu which I will try end of next week when I go there.

It is not about anything sexual. The girl doing the massage in Manila was cute, but the massage was useless. From my experience in Thailand if I want a good massage mostly it is the a little bit overweight older women or men in general who give the best massage because they have more strength.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

At manila domestic terminal they have a group of blind massagers who by reports are very good. What you need to aviod is the dry massage, my wife reconds it wasn't much good and rather painful.

• Hmm thinking 1