Taking telephone to Philippines

Jimbouk
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Does anyone know if I take a landline telephone (not a mobile phone) from the UK to the Philippines will it work on the PLDT broadband line we have?

It's just a replacement for the poor quality phone PLDT supplied us with when we bought one of their broadband packages.

Thanks,

Jimbouk

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jimbouk said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if I take a landline telephone (not a mobile phone) from the UK to the Philippines will it work on the PLDT broadband line we have?

It's just a replacement for the poor quality phone PLDT supplied us with when we bought one of their broadband packages.

Thanks,

Jimbouk

I just looked at my cheapie PLDT phone that came with our FIBR package, and it has the standard RJ11 connection.  If your phone has that, I think it should work.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jimbouk said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Jimbouk

Don't know if it will work or not. But I can see that you are getting used to expecting poor quality. Took me a week to get my Globe landline phone to be replaced. :sad:

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

We replaced our PLDT landline with a panasonic answering phone with a with 2 wireless handsets which we bought direct from China ! Works fine , the UK phone we bought gave up after 2 days back in 2011.