Out door staircase

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just looking for advice on a outdoor staircase to get to the roof terrace, the height would be around 6 meters to get to the terrace , so what would be best , metal or cement of any other material, are there any members who have done this .

At the moment everyone goes through the house to get up there so that means they will be going through our rooms once all is done so I am just looking for alternatives , but like anything it comes down to cash .

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Hi Steve

Ask the boss.....:hystery:  Seriously though, why not Galvanised sheeting cut into steps and welded to an iron frame work.

One thing about Filipino workers is their ability to adapt to needs, I'm sure a metal workshop could knock one up either in their workshop or assembled at site........just a thought :thumbsup: ( my boss is still at work )

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

That’s number one on my thought list, but as always there may be Some one  who has done what I am thinking of doing .

While we are there we are getting the windows furnished with metal bars plus maybe the carport will be a metal frame so why not get the same folk to price up the staircase too, you never know it could be even buy 3 and you get 1 free sort of thing.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"They" will without exception go through the house regardless or whatever staircase you may have provided.:popcorn:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Old55 said:

"They" will without exception go through the house regardless or whatever staircase you may have provided.:popcorn:

Not while missable Steve is sitting with his big stick waiting in his chair, but like you say when I am not there who knows what will happen.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

concrete seems to be the universal building material here, and doesn't rust. Probably a lot cheaper as well. Juzt make sure the steps are deep enough so you don't end up going up and down on your toes and heals.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Hi Steve

Ask the boss.....:hystery:  Seriously though, why not Galvanised sheeting cut into steps and welded to an iron frame work.

One thing about Filipino workers is their ability to adapt to needs, I'm sure a metal workshop could knock one up either in their workshop or assembled at site........just a thought :thumbsup: ( my boss is still at work )

These are common at industrial buildings and appear to last a long, long time.  Make sure you invested in good quality galvanized steel.  Stainless steel might be an option too.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

These are common at industrial buildings and appear to last a long, long time.  Make sure you invested in good quality galvanized steel.  Stainless steel might be an option too.

Galvanized all the way, no need to paint it. But if you do feel the need to paint it, use a special primer for galvanized metal.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Stainless steel might be an option too.

If you have unlimited funds, stainless steel is the way to go. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Galvanized all the way, no need to paint it. But if you do feel the need to paint it, use a special primer for galvanized metal.

And why not paint it a heat reflective color like white? Why they like red and green on the roofs is kinda stupid.:facepalm_80_anim_gif: 

• Like 2