People with more money than sense

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

If this is in the wrong section , sorry to the admins

I play a game on my phone , just a silly strategy game , I've spent about 20 dollars on it , one of the guys has quit and he is selling his account for 2000 dollars , he is open to offers , the really sad part is that he has spent over 80 thousand dollars on this game , WTF !! , and he is not the biggest spender 

He could have bought a condo in davao for that much money 

There appears to being a growing addiction problem to these games where you can spend money to buy gems 

I'm stunned by the waste of money , how many starving kids could have been fed for that ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 10/29/2019 at 1:42 AM, bastonjock said:

If this is in the wrong section , sorry to the admins

I play a game on my phone , just a silly strategy game , I've spent about 20 dollars on it , one of the guys has quit and he is selling his account for 2000 dollars , he is open to offers , the really sad part is that he has spent over 80 thousand dollars on this game , WTF !! , and he is not the biggest spender 

He could have bought a condo in davao for that much money 

There appears to being a growing addiction problem to these games where you can spend money to buy gems 

I'm stunned by the waste of money , how many starving kids could have been fed for that ?

Watched an interesting doco recently on South Korea kids totally addicted to these type of games. Some actually get sent to a type of withdrawal treatment center.

Mid boggling.....With my skill and gadgets have no chance of even playing let alone becoming addicted.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/29/2019 at 1:42 AM, bastonjock said:

Baston... in USA we might say that someone has more dollars than sense... (pun definitely intended!).

It really sounds exactly the same as gambling addiction. It is very sad. Fortunately, I really don't like playing computer games - any more. I played some when on the yacht because no TV and sometimes I needed a break from reading books. But, like TV, I seem to be able to just walk away and not miss gambling (tried that a bit in Reno and Vegas - liked the free drinks and made $5) or computer games... I prefer reality, flawed as it may sometimes seem.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

My wife is playing Township, or something. She used to play on her tablet. Lately she's been playing on her tablet and phone - at the same time! I don't *think* she's spent money on it. No, I ain't asking her!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

In 1985 I went Las Vegas and got pretty drunk. I was playing Black Jack and maxed out my 3 credit cards at ATM machines. I have not gambled since. Except for the occasional P20 Lotto ticket. :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The only money I throw away is a couple of quid a week on the lottery , got to be in it to win it.

• Like 3

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

I never understood why people use real money to buy "fake" stuff in game.  I play a couple of those phone games like candyland but never had the urge to spend money on it.  

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2019 at 1:30 AM, Arizona Kid said:

In 1985 I went Las Vegas and got pretty drunk. I was playing Black Jack and maxed out my 3 credit cards at ATM machines. I have not gambled since. Except for the occasional P20 Lotto ticket. :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Lol,  AK have you ever seen Las Vegas Vacation with Chevy Chase when he was getting money out of the ATM?  I just had a vision of that being you.

Look it up.  Incredibly funny scene.😁😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I've got more money than sense, I've got 37 1/2 peso in my pocket. :89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2