Using a North American propane BBQ in Philippines

ChrisUKCANADA
Posted
Posted

Hi

I moved to the Philippines just about two months ago and my personal belongings arrived about three weeks ago.  My Weber BBQ that I was looking forward to using is propane.  I had assumed that propane here would be the same - we all know what assuming does!  Any tips on how I can covert my BBQ to use propane here.  I’ve emailed Weber here several times but with no response.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Chris

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, ChrisUKCANADA said:

Hi

I moved to the Philippines just about two months ago and my personal belongings arrived about three weeks ago.  My Weber BBQ that I was looking forward to using is propane.  I had assumed that propane here would be the same - we all know what assuming does!  Any tips on how I can covert my BBQ to use propane here.  I’ve emailed Weber here several times but with no response.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Chris

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Philippines!

Propane is propane... your gear will work fine here... I had a propane bbq on my yacht that I sailed here. I recharged my propane bottles here and there was no difference except it is cheaper here...:smile:

However you might find connections are a bit different. I am sure you can get adapters to re-fill if necessary or to adapt to your gas appliance.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, ChrisUKCANADA said:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I think Tom T nailed it. I'm sure you can find the right fittings. The Wilcon close to where I live sells the Weber brand. Just don't use duct tape! :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I think Tom T nailed it. I'm sure you can find the right fittings. The Wilcon close to where I live sells the Weber brand. Just don't use duct tape! :smile:

Why not? That is normal and common here, AK... :hystery: Or just electrical tape...

Mainly, don't check for leaks using a lighter...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Couple years ago Wilcon had a pallet of Kingsford bbq briquettes for sale. I bought a bag thinking that my GF would be impressed with imported stuff. Nope. She prefers the wood charcoal that she gets at the market. :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Couple years ago Wilcon had a pallet of Kingsford bbq briquettes for sale. I bought a bag thinking that my GF would be impressed with imported stuff. Nope. She prefers the wood charcoal that she gets at the market. :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:  

Yeah... L prefers the coconut charcoal.

My warehouse job in Chicago during summers from university was throwing Kingsford charcoal into trucks... 20 pound bags... I counted one day that I threw 10,000 pounds of charcoal each day... Ah... those were the days... when men were men and sheep were scared...(but not in Chicago)...

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... L prefers the coconut charcoal.

My warehouse job in Chicago during summers from university was throwing Kingsford charcoal into trucks... 20 pound bags... I counted one day that I threw 10,000 pounds of charcoal each day... Ah... those were the days... when men were men and sheep were scared...(but not in Chicago)...

I was born in Minn. I know what cold winters are..till I stayed in Chicago for 2 weeks in Dec. 1976, glad my nutsack didn't freeze off.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Didn't you find it was hard to breathe when your jewels were stuck in the back of your throat because of the cold?... It made it difficult for me to talk...

I worked in the same warehouse at Christmas break. I unloaded railroad cars of fireplace logs and road salt... It would be maybe 20 degrees outside and I would be stripped down to my T-shirt and jeans and would be sweating like a pig... probably smelled like one too!!!

Sorry... I see we (I) have gone totally and way off topic... sorry Chris... did not intend to hijack your thread...

Edited by Tommy T.

ChrisUKCANADA
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the comments!  I appreciate the advice.  I’ll have to check for the right connections.

once again Thanks to all, 😊👍

• Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As far as I'm aware it's all LPG here as it never gets cold enough to need propane. Should work just fine.

• Like 1