Using a North American propane BBQ in Philippines

ChrisUKCANADA
Posted
Posted

Agreed....however, I already have the expensive BBQ and it’s wonderful for cooking lots of things and I’d love to be able to use it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, ChrisUKCANADA said:

The gist of the letter is that Weber’s are made country specific and can’t be used anywhere else.

They are probably only talking about the fittings. I cant see why anything else would be different. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ChrisUKCANADA said:

Agreed....however, I already have the expensive BBQ and it’s wonderful for cooking lots of things and I’d love to be able to use it.

I cannot see how they can be country specific other than because of the fittings being different - and there are ways of overcoming that anyway.  I'd imagine they are just covering their asses and giving the safe answer.  

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I cannot see how they can be country specific other than because of the fittings being different - and there are ways of overcoming that anyway.  I'd imagine they are just covering their asses and giving the safe answer.  

Copious amounts of PTFE will fix most things

• Like 1

ChrisUKCANADA
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the ideas!  I'm going to take the fitting I have with me and go to a propane place.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have a US Char-Broil and it works fine here.  The gas "connection" on the grill is just a pipe sticking out of the valve.  I  use the regular cans of gas here and use a hose with clamp, just like we use on the hob.  Been working fine for almost 3 years.  We use it every single day, I love it.

ChrisUKCANADA
Posted
Posted

Thanks Tim - always nice to hear from someone who has actually had the experience of using a BBQ here