Health benefits

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I too find living here much better for my arthritis than suffering through UK winters.

My UK doctor says it shouldn't make any differerence but I can certainly feel the benefit of a tropical climate.

Ken

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Think of all the people you might know who may tell you they can feel when bad weather is coming...?

I know many who will tell me that. I believe it is that cool, humid conditions that make the body react.

So my suggestion is to take your buddy to some place warmer than Britain. Maybe not here in Philippines, but some place warmer than home. If you try coming here and it doesn't help, you and he can always return to the land of cold and damp and see how it goes there?

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I'll take a nice cold British winter over the Philippines weather personally. First year here I got flu about once per month, got acne all over my back for the first time in my life and developed a red blotchy face:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Think of all the people you might know who may tell you they can feel when bad weather is coming...?

I know many who will tell me that. I believe it is that cool, humid conditions that make the body react.

So my suggestion is to take your buddy to some place warmer than Britain. Maybe not here in Philippines, but some place warmer than home. If you try coming here and it doesn't help, you and he can always return to the land of cold and damp and see how it goes there?

He has been visiting for 4 months at a time , its his own report that the aches and pains subside in the Philippines 

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

I noticed the difference, Back in the UK I could hardly walk (Knees)and Lower back pain. Now 3 years living here the pain has gone, no need for painkillers. :muscle_80_anim_gif:

Ii think it's the cold combined with the damp , i get reynaulds in my hands during winter , they go white and are painfull 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I do love the winters here in England, snow, frost and freezing temperatures but I hate the damp.but this time we shall be in the Philippines from early December till late February, so it’s going to be different.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Baston its certainly no secret that many people whom suffer from arthritis and similar joint problems benefit from a warmer climate. My brother whom has problems walking in NZ   is strutting about after being here a few weeks, in fact he will be spending more time here, mainly for this reason.

Wonder what your kind of a diet your friend has, personally from experience I have found diet to be everything as far as health is concerned. Just as one tiny example I enjoy a beer or 2,3....together with raw peanuts while watching a sun set.  My hip was always stiff upon sitting extended periods which I though oh well par for the course at 68. After watching one of Doc Berry''s  videos calling my beloved peanuts Devil nuts I decided why not try go without.  fast forward without these nuts no more stiffness or pain. 

worked for me maybe others not so.....

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'd imagine it's pretty much dependent on what ailments we suffer from - some will benefit from the environment here and others not so much.

Overall, longevity is significantly lower here than in many if our countries but that's not just due to the weather - there are so many contrubuting factors - not least the absence of preventitive care.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2019 at 12:32 AM, RBM said:

Baston its certainly no secret that many people whom suffer from arthritis and similar joint problems benefit from a warmer climate. My brother whom has problems walking in NZ   is strutting about after being here a few weeks, in fact he will be spending more time here, mainly for this reason.

Wonder what your kind of a diet your friend has, personally from experience I have found diet to be everything as far as health is concerned. Just as one tiny example I enjoy a beer or 2,3....together with raw peanuts while watching a sun set.  My hip was always stiff upon sitting extended periods which I though oh well par for the course at 68. After watching one of Doc Berry''s  videos calling my beloved peanuts Devil nuts I decided why not try go without.  fast forward without these nuts no more stiffness or pain. 

worked for me maybe others not so.....

My buddy is unfortunate to have many illnesses,  he rarely sleeps at night , he has just managed to clear up his bowel problem,  lots of antibiotics later , as far a diet , he watches what he eats due to him being a type one diabetic , the guy is constantly in discomfort,  he says that he feels better in the Philippines with less discomfort , last night he was kept awake with his arithm heart beat 

A lesser guy would have topped himself by now I think , hes all packed and ready to go back in about 15 days , the damp cold winters here dont help 

• Sad 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

A lesser guy would have topped himself by now I think , hes all packed and ready to go back in about 15 days , the damp cold winters here dont help 

Let's all hope the move will prove beneficial to your buddy. Just make sure he settles somewhere near a quality hospital so he can get decent care if or when needed? It really does exist here, but you sometimes need to search a bit for it...

• Like 1