Health benefits

Gary D
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Let's all hope the move will prove beneficial to your buddy. Just make sure he settles somewhere near a quality hospital so he can get decent care if or when needed? It really does exist here, but you sometimes need to search a bit for it...

I think it can be as much the doctor you see as the hospital.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I think it can be as much the doctor you see as the hospital.

Yeah... you are right, Gary. I should have stated that thought a bit differently. The doctors - and nurses - make all the difference in the world! I guess I was thinking about having the good hospital nearby so that the best equipment is available. Some of these "hospitals" don't have up-to-date devices that could be life savers.

RBM
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... you are right, Gary. I should have stated that thought a bit differently. The doctors - and nurses - make all the difference in the world! I guess I was thinking about having the good hospital nearby so that the best equipment is available. Some of these "hospitals" don't have up-to-date devices that could be life savers.

From what Boston says he is in a serious situation, wonder if Thailand may be a wiser choice for him. There is so much positive news out there regarding their hospital systems.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, RBM said:

From what Boston says he is in a serious situation, wonder if Thailand may be a wiser choice for him. There is so much positive news out there regarding their hospital systems.

From what I have been reading on other threads here, it sounds like Thailand is becoming a bit less friendly to foreigners living there?

I have heard from friends that Malaysia and Taiwan have great medical care and cater to "medical tourism." However, I have received excellent care before in Manila at St. Lukes Medical Center in Bonifacio, Manila and a friend had excellent care at the Asian Hospital Medical Center. Others here have mentioned that there is high quality care also available in Cebu.

If it were me, I would be looking for quality of life, costs, and quality of care - in that order... Perhaps I am wrong, but I think all of those can be satisfied here? Anyway...up to Baston and his close friend. I just hope it all works out well for his buddy...

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
On 10/30/2019 at 5:17 PM, bastonjock said:

My best buddy whom i share a house with has a list of ailments as long as your arm ,he is constantly in pain , he has wrighters syndrom ,diabetic , dodgy heart ,crumpled discs in his back to nane a few 

The uk weather is killing him , the cold is eating into his well being 

Hes got another two weeks before hes off to porac , he tells ne that his aches and pains go away after a week or two in the Philippines, he attributes it to tge warmer climate

Does anyone else benefit in this way 

I get sick less often here - but - when I do get sick it is much worse, and takes forever to clear up.  Back in the old country I worked in the jails, then the schools (and learned why the jails were so full ha ha).  We all just stayed sick all the time, but not bad. Here, my fevers are worse, and a cough will last me a month. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

a cough will last me a month. 

Yeah... I agree Tim... I have had coughs last for at least a month - L also. I never had that before in USA, even in Seattle where it is often cold and damp. I also don't get sick often here, but when I do, it is nasty. That's why I got the flu shot and why I will get the pneumonia shot in a couple of weeks. Maybe they will help? Maybe they won't. But psychologically, they may help...?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... I agree Tim... I have had coughs last for at least a month - L also. I never had that before in USA, even in Seattle where it is often cold and damp. I also don't get sick often here, but when I do, it is nasty. That's why I got the flu shot and why I will get the pneumonia shot in a couple of weeks. Maybe they will help? Maybe they won't. But psychologically, they may help...?

Same here Tommy, got a dry cough that I can't shake off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:

Same here Tommy, got a dry cough that I can't shake off.

Maybe try Tanduay and lime juice? It might not help the cough, but perhaps you will feel better? (just kidding)

I'm sure if one of us could find a cure, we would become billionaires overnight!!!

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe try Tanduay and lime juice? It might not help the cough, but perhaps you will feel better? (just kidding)

I'm sure if one of us could find a cure, we would become billionaires overnight!!!

I'm sure it's down to dust and dog hair floating about the house, I'm the one to clean the house and the dog hair that I sweep up is incredible.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I see that we have ventured way off course from the OP's topic... Sorry for that, Baston... 

• Haha 1